Thursday, August 9, 2012

Old Times

Today I was a bit uninspired with picture taking. I was out early this morning and it seemed like things conspired against me to get a good picture. It may have been that I just wasn't in the mood, I felt rushed, or that other things were weighing on my mind with the recent blogging news of Multiply closing down.

It wasn't til I came back inside that my eye caught the face of an old clock that I have. It is actually one of a few that I have, bought at an estate auction of a former neighbor that had passed away. I have tried thru the years, to pick up a small momento from those estate sales of people I know. When I look at them, it reminds me of those friendships and helps me not to forget them. They are in my thoughts with the constant reminders of them around me.

I felt this clock with it's old, worn and stained time face seemed to fit my mood today. It reminds me of the past and old friendships that I try and hold on to, like my multiply contacts still here...

 

7749880812_cfc788de97_z

21 comments:

  1. Oh Vic, we're just moving to a new house, we'll all still be together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice that this is one of those pictures where the face of the clock seems to tilt one way and then the other as you look at it? ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to take it from a side angle, as I liked the detail of the gold around the face. There is actually more to this clock, as it has faux marble colums on the sides with more gold detail with a polished black top...

    (now I am tilting while looking at this clock face, catch me if I fall off the chair,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vic...this is a lovely blog and picture. I appreciate the sentiment of your thoughts and the aged beauty of the clock.

    And after reading Oz's comment I see what he means. I am looking back and forth...but can't blame my being dizzy on that. I was already 'dizzy'. Just ask Leroy. LOL

    And I like what Oz said about the new house...and we will still be together. From behind that curtain comes good words of wisdon from our own Oz. Thanks Mr. Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo and I really love the sentiment behind it. Don't worry Vic - we'll all find somewhere to land!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see the whole clock. I'm sure it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....wow...I just luv antiques. I get were you are coming from about having to start all over again.
    Sure didn't see this coming eh...Is this your challenge #9?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol Sharon, talk about dizzy,that is how I am feeling on finding my way around on the new blogging sites. Can already tell I hate blogger/blogspot. I keep trying to go to your page over there and it takes me to your profile, same with Mr.Oz. I added the google+ thing and now that seems to just make it worse...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so long as that landing doesn't hurt too badly,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try and get a pic of it and uploaded for you George ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, realized after I posted, I had forgotten the number...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merci beaucoup, Madame Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh very pretty!!! I love the orange discoloration. It really adds to it, I think. A very enjoyable time piece I'm sure. A pity it stopped working at about 7 o'clock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, I don't keep it wound up George, but it does still work. The orange is some sort of faux finish, it really is odd that it has so much ornamentation, but they tended to like a lot of gaudy stuff during that time period...

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol a bit of gauche never hurt anyone. Its the in thing to take something faux vintage and mix it up with a few modern lines.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love having tangible mementos from precious friendships . . .

    This was an unexpectedly touching post to read, vic . . . I am SO glad that I have had a chance to get to know you these past few months! ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Souix! I have loved getting to know you and your wonderful sense of humor and outlook on life as well!

    ReplyDelete