Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Red...

Well I did it again. That thinking out loud stuff that tends to get me in trouble. I know the vast majority of you won't join in on this latest challenge. Even the mere mention of the word "challenge" has you all throwing up your hands and yelling not me, don't pick me.

I want to assure you all that nothing is mandatory on here and I won't be offended. I am just challenging myself more than anything to not get complacent in my blogging and with this next set of 30 days I am forcing myself to pick up my camera more and become more use to it and it's inner workings. I have to confess I have  been extremely lazy and haven't really done much with it except to point and shoot and then become disappointed when my pics don't come out. I expect things to be easier than they are.

Today was no exception when I stepped outside with camera in hand and tried to snap a few shots.

First and foremost, take the lens cap off before turning on the camera. I tend to forget this step... a lot.

Secondly, it's not the camera's fault if everything appears blurry. This will happen when you step out from the air conditioning into sauna like conditions. Next note to self, check for fogged up lens before snapping half a dozen pics and wondering why the world is hazy, but evidently not as hazy as you.

I didn't wander far in my picture taking today. It's humid and heavy with dew outside. It's miserable and now as I am ready to write this blog, the sun is starting to peek out. Oh well, there is always tomorrow, and the next day, and the next 28 days after that.

I snapped quite a few pics and out of those 40+pics I only liked two of them. So I am posting the better of the two. I liked how the sprig or branch of the barberry bush rested against the railing on the deck. The soft against the hard, the smooth against the rough, the natural against the man made.

I have some amazing multiply friends that are photographers. I know that my feeble attempts are not even going to come close to their work. I know that they have a camera in their hands all the time and most likely the last thing they want to do is take more pics.

I am hoping they do though. Just one or two, now and then to keep me inspired and thinking that maybe I will one day come close in at least a few of my efforts of something worth keeping. Something that captures not just the subject, but imagination as well.

 

29 more pics to go...

 

27 comments:

  1. And they're OFF!!! LOL

    Good job Miss Vic! I need to get out in the yard and look around, I think I'll do that now.

    Interesting shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mr.Oz, I know my first attempt is rather feeble. I will get better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a moment I thought it was a photograph of your artwork. It is a great shot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks George.. all of my art work is in the back of the closet...don't make me go in there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must appologise Vic..I meant to comment about your picture and got caught up in reading about the challenge.
    Luv the bush shot. You know it would look awesome in a frame...There is something about this pic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so that is what they are called ??????????? I stole some snips off a pavement bush some while back, had no idea what they are called but they grow so easy, like a succulent type, just stick in water and roots come................look pretty all year round

    I like that photo a lot, the red, soft leaves the rough of the wood, the nails, it is really really good....

    another challenge?????????? Humphrrrrr !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bah... you need to share those with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this picture Vic. Could be framed to hang in a home or office. You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. excellent photo, would be nice framed! I think I lost a few days recently and am madly trying to catch up.... so since I can't catch up, I guess I should not attempt a challenge.... I didn't even get to pic. perfect this week.... I've come to your blogs a couple of times and got interrupted... lol... but I will keep commenting, promise! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in the challenge Misty! It does help if people leave their links so others will know if they have joined in. For some reason Multiply has been a pain the last few days and isn't highlighting in blue the new posts or comments, they all appear "gray".....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now don't glare at me Marianne, here have some choccies....and just think, you aren't really behind because of all the pics you have posted lately...so I think that kinda, sort of, already has you included..(gulps).... :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day when I am brave enough to venture in there George ;))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining in Sharon, yes please include your link so others won't miss your blog/pic...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know it's a lot to do, some days I think I don't have time for one more added thing. Strangely, I find myself getting the most accomplished when I am swamped. Feel free to post a pic any time if you can't do the whole 30 days. Something is better than nothing on here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this photo!! The colors are beautiful! The "blank" area of the wood makes me think you could edit it to say Vic's Place or something and use it for your avatar. That's how I did mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh come on, I've been begging you for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thats a fabulous picture...no kidding miss vic ....
    and i like it better smallish than the enlarged version....

    hmmm...next step...open an account on flickr to size your pics...painless....

    i do take pics almost all the time...and i DO bore everybody with picture blogs almost regularly...lol ...now i have joined this one grp on FB ...so between here n there..n two growing brats...its kind of difficult for me to take up picture challenges....but hey....i try !

    psst...i went on a shoot with a photographer and while i was shooting..i whined and said...my nose is dripping sweat...its coming into my view finder , making my pictures hazy...and he says...i've never heard anybody coming up with that excuse ...:))

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's this challenge, post a picture a day?

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh really ?????????? *splutter*..................give me a choccie...............chews...............hhhmmmhhh, okay then, see you now now

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, my lens fogged up again today when I went out...I swear I am not really a heavy breather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, to just go out every day with you camera and snap a pic and post it. One pic a day for 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pats you on the back.....better now?..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have fun. I do that almost every day any way.

    ReplyDelete