Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday (12)

Is it really only day twelve in this challenge? I don't know why this challenge seems to be taking forever, but I imagine part of it is that my heart isn't as totally in it as it was at the beginning of this photo a day idea.

This new blogging home stuff has been a bit stressful and I think I have got myself situated at my two top contenders for new sites, it's taking awhile to get familiar with everything.

Goodness, I still don't think I know of all the capabilities of Multiply, but as long as I am able to post a few words, a couple of pics, and a comment or two, I am more than happy to drive in the slow lane.

It's overcast today. Which is ironic as the weather channel has not a cloud over us on their forecast map. I blame it on Iowa, they have absconded with our rain and just left a dark cloud over me.

I took this pic a bit ago, and yet when I uploaded it to Flickr, it says this pic was taken 11 hours ago. A bit impossible considering that would have been roughly around 1 o'clock in the morning. I am guessing when I upload pics around noon, the am, pm stuff is a bit confusing for the easy share software? I don't know. But here it is a pic of my grey skies, that would be totally black taken 11 hours ago...

 

004cropped

 

I wondered if I would even get a shot today, so this morning I wandered about the house a bit and noticed the caning on this old chair. The way I have cropped it, gave it an interesting effect. Almost as though it is an optical illusion when you stare at it long enough. 008

 

Another pic, taken today out in the dusty garage. I like the feel of old wood, and when cropped and taken at a side angle, it gives a different feel to the pic.

 014

Hope you are all having a good day today. I am puttering about trying to take my mind off of a tooth ache. The last thing I want to do is go to the dentist this week..argh!

12 comments:

  1. This finding a new site IS discouraging and overwhelming . . .

    I love your black and white photos . . . they are very intriguing for some reason . . . I don't do photography, but it is fun to look at what other people are capable of doing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY . . . in my email inbox there were TWO black and white ones . . . here on your site there is only ONE . . . How weird . . . Did you delete one? Or is my email haunted? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the toothache Vic, and the cloud . . . and the moving . . . but I'm glad we're friends so there's good news after all!

    Interesting shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your e-mail is haunted....if you click on that first pic, it isn't really black and white. It's the greyness of the sky with different kinds of leaves against it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah . . . today not just my email but my entire COMPUTER is haunted . . . =o/

    Toothaches suck . . . Hope you feel better quickly . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have oral gel. It gives you some relief. Alternatively, gargle lots of listerine and salt water every half an hour, for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it....I just knew it!!! Now I understand why Vic is well the way she is!!! Did ya all notice her hole joint is held together with rope string!
    Interesting the blk and wht with a dab of colour in that leaf/leaves. Beautiful almost like a sillouette.
    The cane on the chair is quite interesting in the angle you chose. Kudos to your work today.
    psssst reason it is taking so long is cuz there seems to be only three of us shooting. Unless you have friends that post but don't talk about it... Chin up...only 18 more days if Multiply doesn't fold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vic,
    Ya look like a serious photographer with todays pics. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are COOL!! Love the leaves against the sky, and the chair shot almost seems to move if I look from left to right. And I love the look of old wood too - so homey and rustic.

    Sorry about the toothache!!! You want me to bring my pliers and get rid of it? :)-

    But seriously - Hope you feel better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all!....um, nope Bee, you put those pliers away....

    I forgot to mention that the last pic is another one of those things I acquired at an auction. It is an old wooden supply cart on metal casters, evidently from an old GM plant. I have no idea how old it is....any car buffs have a clue? On the ends of the rolling wooden cart, are two canvas pulls....

    ReplyDelete