Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just Stuff.....(22)

Today I tried to think of something different to post, other than birds and squirrels, I figured you were getting bored of them, and I needed to expand my subject matter a bit. It was a quick foray outside today as I find myself not getting a whole lot done with this photo challenge. It's too easy to lose track of time while wandering about or waiting for a good snapshot of a critter in it's habitat.

I hope you find the pics just as interesting though. The first is a pic of some hosta blooms, the second pic is a rather crispy turning host leaf. The last pic is a shot of some old wood. I loved the texture and the cracking, aged look about it. Have a great day everyone, hard to believe it is already Thursday...

 

 

032

 

 

039

 

 

052

14 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the end of the log or stump. You are the BOMB with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Vic, I REALLY love the leaf!!! You are getting better by the day, honestly you are posting some VERY good shots!

    I'm actually glad you don't have a bird shot for the day because I got my shot for the day a little while ago and it's a bird! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah . . . what HE said . . . Either you have a REALLY good camera or WOW . . .

    I LOVE the nuances of textures in your photos . . . You know, you can do with photos what you do with words . . . You are a master with both! (though your words tend to be funnier) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol thanks all and Mr.Oz I am looking forward to seeing your bird pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. vic... fabulous pics! again... agreeing with oz on the better shots! way to go girl. I am so jealous about the hosta! I brought a special one from Mi. when I moved... it took to this lousy rocky clay type soil... and the deer eat it all... as soon as it pops up again, am going to put up a barrier... ;-)

    off to the gym have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last one is an awesome pic!!! The others were also very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vic, you are getting better at this every day!!! These are SO cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep...getting better n better everyday



    love the second one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fine work there Vic !!

    I like the stump.. It looks like "the Mayan" Calendar.. And that huge rift is .. Dec. 2012!!! Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I just thought of somefink! Multiply is going to end on dec. 2012!! co incidence?? Maybe Not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent..excellent..excellent!!!!! Great pics...and I still say they need to be entered in a contest...framed...sold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would say the wood is a large chunk of trunk... love the rhyme... that someone gave a good thunk with an axe but couldn't budge. It is a very creative idea for a shot, Vic.

    ReplyDelete