Monday, August 6, 2012

Fuzzy Wuzzy (Day 5)

Today I was hoping to get some better pics of the squirrels and birds in the back yard, but the world seemed to be conspiring against me. Instead of the peace and quiet I had envisioned early this morning, the neighbors were out, puttering about, while heavy machinery rumbled by to do some roadwork. The smell of oil and tar had me mentally squashing any ideas of driving around for a small road trip to explore further than my backyard.

So I gave up on the wildlife after a few shots, and wandered around a bit in the yard for something of interest when the close up view of this fuzzy foliage beckoned me closer. Extra bonus brownie points if one of your gardeners can name the plant.

 

 

002

18 comments:

  1. Very nice shot but I can't name it. I'd like to have one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if it hardy for Florida or not... I will have to google it and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!....(but it's not dusty miller)... :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG....LAMBS EARS.....I love them. Awesome closeup...Awesome picture Vic.
    Mine is at
    http://mistyshadows2u.multiply.com/journal/item/320

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one thing...I haven't read all of it yet BUT looks like multiply is shutting down...here is a link
    http://multiply.com/mail/message/beatleboy7:notes:23?&replies_read=34&goto=34#reply34

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Lambs Ears". I miss my patch of them. And this is a great picture, Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll punish you later George...when they can't hear the screams ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been reading about it Misty, how depressing....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sharon! I like easy stuff, and it is very carefree for the most part...

    ReplyDelete
  10. No photos for your blog please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY cool looking, but I am not a gardener, so I wouldn't have had a clue what they were . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Misty had it correct, it is lambs ears. The leaves are soft as velvet and look just as wooly as a lamb...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you make soup out of them? What a cute fuzzy picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol Zee it would give a whole new meaning to there is a hair in my soup!... Purely ornamental as far as I know, I wouldn't try it...

    ReplyDelete