Friday, August 24, 2012

23...

Today has been a bit overcast with just a sprinkle now and then to tease me with the rain. I wasn't having any luck this morning trying to capture any birds, squirrels or other critters. They all seemed to be holed up expecting it to rain also. I think we are both going to be disappointed.

I snapped a few pics anyways for today, and they aren't anything too interesting. I just like the texture of the wood and the coloring of the leaves. I guess I am drawn to the oranic feel of a lot of things. Things of the earth and dirt that go back to being a part of it at the end of their cycle.

It's Friday, and just 7 more days of pics. I will be needing a break by then. This has taken a lot more of my time then expected, trying to capture a decent shot each and every day for this past month. I won't be giving up picture taking, but I doubt that I will have the time to go out and about searching for some subject matter every single day. I will post something interesting though if I should happen to stumble across something while out and about.

Enjoy your week-end!

 

 

005woodsmall

 

 

066

 

 

098

23 comments:

  1. You DO realize that zombies are things of the earth??? ;-)

    I like the wood a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work.... and I need something calming right now... thank you....

    so, will you be issuing more challenges? chuckles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am safe from zombies, they only eat brains....and I lost mine a long time ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope....slap me with one of Marianne's cucumbers if I do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our little group would be dead without you, Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good close ups! Wonder how much detail you can get with your camera if you took a close up of the underside of a leaf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just loving your nature photos!! :)

    We're having the same kind of day here - it kind of pretends to rain. At any rate, it's nice and cool - feels like Fall, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vic...these are amazing pictures. Amazing!!! So much to see....even a wee feather in the #3 picture.

    I am sorry I got out of the challenge due to my internet woes. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol....I know...but trust me, I think it will be awhile before I even mention the word...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you would find something of entertainment value without me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Guy for stopping by! It helps to know others are here reading and that everyone hasn't jumped ship already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks George! I will give that a try when it's not so windy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. NO rain overnight Bee! The weatherman said 80% chance and still no rain! It's becoming a desert here....:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't emphasize enough about your picture taking. Today's work is amazing and should be framed to sell...People go nuts over this very thing. It is gorgeous Vic. You sure have an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, don't worry, just start in again. We will be here to read and look at your pics, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Misty, not sure what I am going to take pics of today. Overcast and cloudy...I might have to follow the cat around,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, we would . . . we'd be watching TV! LOL ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol you could set it on a piece of paper at home with good lighting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Again, the detail in these is amazing . . . I am VERY impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, when more of the leaves start to turn here, I will try and look for some pretty ones just for you George ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol awww... you can use other things as well. it doesn't have to be a leaf. Say the surface of an orange or steel wool... just to see how powerful your camera is.

    ReplyDelete