Thursday, August 16, 2012

15

I have to apologize for today's pic. It's a bit of snooze-fest. I had hoped to have more time to actually get out and wander around a bit in town, but time got away from me. Even when out early this morning watering, I found little inspiration.

I did snap this pic of the soaker hose running, I should have gotten a bit closer, but was afraid of splashing the lens, so I stood back a bit and zoomed, lazy photographer that I am....

 

008

 

I snapped a few other pics, but nothing too exciting, some close-up on foliage, a few squirrel pics, and then the sky clouded up and started to thunder. You never saw such a happy gardener as I quickly picked up my garden gear and camera, rushed to turn the hydrant off and make it indoors before those first drops fell. Yeah, you can pretty much guess what happened then. Sprinkles for a minute and then by noon the clouds had passed and the sun was back out again. Even if there wasn't any rain, at least it is cooler, one small thing to be thankful for. Who knows maybe while I am out tomorrow resuming my watering chores, I will stumble across something extraordinary...fingers crossed.

18 comments:

  1. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....wha? huh? Where am I?

    OH! HI VIC!!! Sorry, but the photo was SUCH a snooze fest that I fell asleep for awhile.

    Are you kidding me Girl?!? This photo is COOL!!! It's like a fantastic collage!!!! With totally awesome colors and textures!! Snooze fest? NO MA'AM - I think NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you are kind Bee......(hey no drooling while you sleep on my blog, I don't want things soggy over here).. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...sorry... *wipes chin and mops blog floor*

    But NO - I am NOT being kind!!! I LOVE this photo - it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the colors!! Look at the textures!!! Look at the water action!!!!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -And no, I am not talking about the water action running down my chin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I really like this shot though I probably wouldn't have guessed what it was if you hadn't said. It looks like your soaker hose has a big hole in it. ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bee is right ! Verrrry Nice! Better than nice actually .. It is a great photo.
    *high fives you*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I had the water pressure turned up high and it's sprays out and starts to puddle along the hose. I was too lazy to go back and push the hydrant lever back down a bit to slow it down...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should go ahead and let bee drool . . . it will cut down on your water bill, and the plants will love it . . . (Think of her as your own little soaker hose) ;o)

    I, too, would not have guessed what it was without your telling me . . . but the colors and textures ARE really striking . . . I like it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting pic....

    i hate when that happens...sprinkles and then nothing...leaves it all the more humid...bloody sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness you are getting adventurous with motion shots... wonder what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love it! what a fabulous photo! I love the perspective and 'zoom'.... colors! wow, everything pops on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am wondering what those two little red thingys are laying in the leaves. One looks like a cherry tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vero, they are the red berries from Japanese yews...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now THIS is a real HUM DINGER Viccles!!! Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete