Friday, July 6, 2012

People Are Funny...

Today googling for a pic, I typed in the word "funny" and had a barrage of cat pics. For some reason the world has a love of cats and finds them all humorous. Perhaps it is because of their stand off-ish ways, or the fact that they are forever finding themselves in situations because of their curiosity. However you view cats, or dogs, or people, they all are funny in their own way.

All of us have our own internal sense of self and genetic makeup that is our own. We all experience and view things in our own individual ways and sometimes it is hard to see something from someone else's perspective.

Some people, I just do not "get" though, and find myself often scratching my head and wondering just were they thinking or do they think at all. Or is it just me, and I am too set in my ways and views that I can't see things differently.

But despite all of that, I think everyone is funny. Everyone has the ability to tickle my funny bone without them even knowing it. I admit I find humor in the most strangest of places, and that is a good thing. If I failed to see the humor in a situation, another emotion would most likely take it's place. I remember my mom had a particular phrase she said a lot and it was, "if you don't laugh, you will cry". I understand that more with the passing of time, but when a small child, I thought it was an odd thing to say.

Today as the sprinkler was going on the garden, my next door neighbor drove by. It wouldn't seem like much of anything to most people, but to me it was funny. It was funny because yesterday morning when I was out taking pics for my blog, he drove past then too. He and his wife drive by constantly. They aren't going any where particular. They drive by out of curiosity and at times it is annoying but mostly I think it's funny.

The neighbor who came over to help me with the cat's transport to the vet is having some rough times lately. I feel for him. I really do. He is retired and his days are busy taken up with the women in his life. He has been separated from his wife for over 30 years, never bothering to divorce. Her health is failing and she is on oxygen from years of smoking. He spends every evening at her house for dinner, checking up on her and making sure all is okay. Since December of last year, he has been spending time with an ex-girlfriend who has cancer. Quite a serious situation. I will be the first to mention that there is nothing funny about cancer.

The last woman in his life, is not technically a woman, but she is a bitch. She is his dog. His greatest fears and worries seem to be about his dog that is aging and slowing down. If all three of those females were to pass away on the same day. The most tears would be shed for the dog. Well, she is a nice dog. Some would find that sad. Some would roll their eyes. Some would find that funny.

People laugh at all kinds of things. Some of it inappropriate. Some of it, nervously unintentional. Humor disperses it's self in all shapes and guises. Some people seem to have no sense of humor, and there are others that see everything as a joke.

I try to put myself somewhere in the middle, but most days I lean a bit more to the latter side. I don't think I can be any different. I know I can be too much for some with my crazy ways and constant silliness. It just rubs some people the wrong way, and other times it attracts people too.

I have thought a lot about my mom's phrase of "if you don't laugh, you will cry" and I think it applies to more people than I realize. Maybe even to myself too. It's just part of maturing and growing up. I will continue to inwardly grin to myself though when I see the neighbor drive by. In fact, I feel like going out and doing something...just anything, so I can hear their engine start up and begin it's slow stroll around the block. I am just funny that way..

26 comments:

  1. you know what, Vic ??? I think you are funny, but funny in a nice way and I like the way you can see the funny way of life and describe it to me so I can see the funny stuff too, lol, thank you for sharing your way of looking at life with us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic did ya see that...klintm/Marianne finds you funny...skip the nice part...that part is Marianne being too funny.
    Good job I don't live next to ya....OMG!!!
    I am the type that finds just about anything to be funny which most of the time annoys the dickens out of hubby....which in turn I find hilarious.
    Now You Vic.......that is a different kettle of fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda thinks you're the funniest person on Multiply . . . well MAYBE, except for me ans *I* think that IF you're not you must be pretty darn close! I like funny people, I like you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do a little dance for the drive by neighbors each time they come around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, rather than dance, I think you should flash them every time they drive by . . . Then the wife will stop driving by AND she will undoubtedly demand that her husband stop driving by, too . . .

    Humor is fascinating . . . everybody finds different things to be funny, which is just plain interesting. Often I will listen to people in a theater and there is always a handful of people laughing hysterically at something apparently nobody else gets . . . YOUR humor is very witty and droll and obviously based on intelligence . . . so *I* find you very funny . . .

    But I AM kind of baffled by the preponderance of "LOL CATS" humor online . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all these folks. You are funny in a nice way. And a different kettle of fish means you are unique. Oz likes you and I do, too. I would of course agree with anyne who advised you to dance. I agree that your humor is based on
    intelligence. Good humor always is.

    Vic you are like a great little spoon that gives doses of 'good medicine'....it is called "laughter".

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I love the way you think, sioux

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to be nice but sometimes I wonder if the funny part of me comes off as a bit callous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There goes the neighborhood ;) lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think they would view that as funny....more like...pathetic...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I don't think so....I would have to start charging admission and it would totally mess up tax return ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmm...i know a lot of men...the women in who's lives are bitches too....snickers


    bet they say the same about my husband.....roflmao

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can help you with your return :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vic. I have done a lot of laughing about something ya said on the computer. Thank You for brighting up my days. I'm a grouch or so people tell me. You are funny and very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...they definiety had their share of water and then some. I hate to see the damage left behind from flooding. It comes so quick that most have little time to gather anything, but just head to higher ground. Hope things are okay where you are at Geoff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet!...(put the camera down George)...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad I made you laugh Guy, some days I wonder if anyone gets my humor ;))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my... now I get to work with figures! *throws the camera aside*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a theory. Two things cover up a multitude of blunders. 1. Lots and lots of money. ( A rich man's poor jokes are always funny..the jungle rule) 2. A good sense of humour. I depend entirely on humour. I love funny people...which is why I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ditto! Zee we are like two peas in a pod...Except you are taller, prettier and funnier than I am....on second thought, I may just be the pod, not near as interesting. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  21. You, my dear one, are the MOST interesting person I have ever met! The first thing I look for on here or FB is a post or comment from you..on anyone's blog/post, not only mine. You always make me smile..some people are just gifted that way. You lucky pea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am glad I can make you smile with my pea brain ;))..... (yeah, I had to type that...groan all ya want!)lol

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete