Monday, July 16, 2012

Life's a Bore...

 

Well here it is, nearing the end of the 30 day blog challenge and I only have a couple days to go. What a time to start drawing a blank.

I have thought off and on all day what to write a blog about. What would be exciting to capture your interest and have you wanting to read all the way thru my ramblings without wandering off in boredom. I was getting desperate. I was even following the cat around to try and get a few pics of her when she does all of that "cute" stuff cats do, but even she was bored with my pursuit.

I did manage to catch a big yawn for her and even though it looks a bit ominous, the only thing one had to worry about was bad kitty breath...

Once again my day was spent waiting upon the arrival of the local utility company and my time was spent in vain. I had a sneaking suspicion they wouldn't come. I will give them one more day before calling them again. I don't' want to seem like a demanding customer, and my main concern is for my neighbors who will be so inconvenienced if the tree takes out the power line. With the horrible heat we have been experiencing, I hate to think of anyone going without their a/c or being uncomfortable. I am just wishing the utilities would come and at least look at it and either address it or ease my worries that it will be okay for awhile, that it can wait and it's not endanger of falling any time soon. I guess I could call a tree removal company, but they will call up the utilities to turn off the electric anyways to trim or remove the tree. I hate the thought of spending thousands of dollars for tree removal, when it was just a few years back the utilities came thru town and removed a beautiful old walnut tree across the alleyway by the garden.

It was a majestic tree that rose up and arched like an umbrella, shading a good deal of the backyard. It had huge crops of nuts that the squirrels hoarded away like pieces of gold each winter. But the guy from the utilities at the time said it had to go, he swore it was hollow, it would fall any day. So they cut the big walnut tree down, down to it's solid base and drove off leaving me a pile of limbs, and brush to deal with.

So much for being hollow...so much for being a problem. Now that I have what I think is a big problem, they can't be found. It is frustrating to say the least.

We continue to be in a drought here in Nebraska, and if it' weren't for watering, the garden would be a total bust this year. Today, the second round of corn was picked, some green beans, and a few cucumbers. Marianne you will be glad to know that no one was harmed during their harvest. There was though, a rather large menacing club shaped zucchini that will be made into a more peace loving quick bread or two.

I've been reading several blogs lately on the stories and lives of fellow bloggers and I have to say it's been fascinating and a bit depressing at the same time. You all are so amazing. You have done or experienced things I never would have guessed. Just trying to make a list of my accomplishments has me feeling rather inadequate and thinking what a small life I lead. I need to get out more. I need to make more goals. I need to make sure the next chapter in my life overshadows the previous chapters, so that on my headstone one day it will read more than just a couple of dates with a dash. That dash has to have more meaning.

I have only two more days in the 30 day blogging challenge. I started the personal challenge on June 18th and I will take it thru July 18th. Even though I had a few blogs before my posting in June, I don't think they count towards that goal. I can't rely on what was done before, and that I have to judge myself on what I do now and not rely on the past.

It's something I have noticed or become aware of a lot more lately. People forget what you did for them or their needs and demands in the past. They only seem to concentrate on the here and now and it's as if those earlier years are just tiny footnotes that they vaguely can recall. I guess, that is the attitude to take, to be conscious of today. A part of me keeps close to me, the past though and I try to remember those positive influences and people that made those days or moments better.

So tomorrow, I will try to do better on writing my final couple of blogs. Hopefully I won't be judged too harshly on today's feeble attempts, and that this too will just be a small footnote in my 30 days.

37 comments:

  1. Why do you need more goats and how do you make them? ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am that person that remembers, the things from the past, I would hate to ever think I would take good deeds done for granted... I hope that in my own deeds that I pay it forward, at least that is one of my goals.....


    and you write: so that on my headstone one day it will read more than just a couple of dates with a dash. That dash has to have more meaning.

    it only matters that your dash has meaning for you.... there should nothing small or large about the dash - it's the same size on every headstone....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic. Really good cat pictures. Reminds me on Sunshine. (my favorite cat ever and I miss her.) I not only remember the past but they are my best and favorite memories. You are tenacious to do a blog a day for this long and 30 days is a goal you will reach. I have faith in you. Then the ABC's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I want to take up knitting...Sharon has gotten me itching to get my own loom and make an angora sweater ;))

    Or I could just be itching...(scratch, scratch)...do goats have fleas? ...(scratch)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so true...I wrote a blog awhile back on that...that we all just end up as a sentence in life's book. Eventually those people who remember those dashes will have them too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol Guy, might have to have a little break before starting those ABC's... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, a break! and lots of people started late!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 7 to go - UGH!!! I struggle almost every day for something to write about!

    Hope the utility guys come soon!! It *is* funny how they only show up when you don't want them to! There used to be a great big Hackberry tree in our backyard when Grandma and Grandpa lived here, and it gave great shade. The utility company wanted to cut it down, and G & G let them. I wish they hadn't - it was a beautiful tree and shade would sure be nice to have now. I think I would've just asked if they could cut the branches that were being a bother, rather than cut the whole thing down!

    Your kitty cat IS adorable!!! Love the "ferocious" pic!!! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't know HOW to make more goats?!?

    And you said you grew up in the country...

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I grew up in town, I spent summers in the country. ;-p

    I know how goats make goats, I just don't know how Vic makes goats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, first of all I lOVE your kitty. And I don't see this blog as a feeble attempt. It felt like a phone call from a friend. I heard your heart my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woman can you write or what....

    i love how you put thoughts to paper...i am one of those who rarely ever forgets...not even a blip.....dont know if its a blessing or a curse....

    ReplyDelete
  13. One more great blog Vic , I just love to hear how your days are going .I did say that the Electricity comp takes their time to get anywhere , we had to stop for tea on the hour. Hope that you get the tree down soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I took leave for a week, so is now way way behind, only on number 19 :-((

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love reading your blogs, we all do, just the way you ramble on and chat as if we were sitting around the kitchen table with a cup of tea...........................love your kitty cat too, sure is cute. I think she says "oh come on mom, make a story about me for a change?"

    ReplyDelete
  16. they should be reported, such idiots !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not a cat person..but thats a cute one up there. Hope your tree gets sorted out.I love all your blogs..although I haven't blogged much..but I'll try...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww Finally, I get to see stinkpot

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know the feeling! You would think it would get easier, but having only a couple more to do, it's as if I have used up every brain cell and all I draw is a blank...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Sharon, hope you are doing okay and Leroy is home soon..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you...I just sit and try to write as if it is a letter to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope they come soon too Robert. I think a lot of it, is because of the heat 100+ temps here, just miserable weather and nobody wants to be out in it..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol ask Zee about my rambling..we are the rambling twins.... we can ramble about nothing ;))

    Now as far as making a story about the kitty ...there wouldn't be much to tell....
    1. Wants to be the Queen
    2. Acts like she is the Queen

    and that is pretty much it ;))....lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for blogging today Zee! I know it's hard to get back in the groove when you haven't done it for awhile. Life gets busy and we don't have time or feel like there is nothing to write about. It's been a good exercise for me this past month to force myself to write each day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She has been in a couple blogs.....I could post more pics of her, but I didn't want everyone to think I was the crazy cat lady,lol...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Until you have 12 cats, you are not the crazy cat lady. Unfortunately I have been in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The kitty litter alone would deter me from having 12 cats...lol... Though if I confess, there was a time I fed a couple of stray cats which quickly turned into feeding the whole neighborhood cat population....Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think Her Royal Highness Her Honourable Princess Mousie Mouse and your kitty might get on................but there is a whole story to that...............I just know it. Trust me Mouse has helped me out of many a sticky blog situation with her stories.

    ReplyDelete
  29. me too, once a very long time ago....................The Cat Shelter had to help out in the end..............tooo much !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. please do , she looks like our Pixy............who is camera shy, now the Princess, preens for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes the kitty litter was an arduous task. It went to hell in just one day. I was afraid of contracting toxoplasmosis.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I luv reading your blogs even when you have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you! Hope you have been doing okay Misty, miss seeing your bright, shiny face around here ;))

    ReplyDelete