Thursday, August 31, 2006

Entry for August 30, 2006 - Romance Week...

Well Vero did it again....



Vero has declared it "National Romance Week", or at least romance week in the blogging world. She has posted poems and songs and talked of all things romantic. People have posted on her site with their own favorite and made up poems. .



It spread over to Angie's blog. She took the more direct route and blogged about sex. Well, actually it started out as cute joke about a little kid needing to know about sex so he could check his little box, and well....things kind of snowballed from there.



Spotty tried his hardest to explain the birds and the bees, at which point I became more confused about sex,..... which is not a good thing for someone of my advanced age. I thought I knew everything about sex. But either they do things differently over in England, or Spotty needs to attend sex education classes as well. He talked of the birds, the bees, and a stork,.... and well .....once it became a threesome I refrained from commenting. This blogger is a good girl.....enough said...



Hillybilly then commented that NO,.... we had it all wrong, sex happens under a lettuce leaf. I got to thinking of my lettuce being way past wilty, and if I should run down to the nearest grocery store for sex,... um,... er.... I mean lettuce. I didn't though. I didn't want to appear as some pervert hanging around the produce aisle. Okay I will confess I was a bit confused as well... does head lettuce count or does it have to be leaf lettuce? What about that prepackaged lettuce stuff?...would it be considered as sex in a bag?



I wandered over to Dixie's blog and it was on kissing. As I read her blog on the rules of kissing, I wondered how many other people had unconsciously puckered their lips while reading it . I refrained from kissing my monitor though, because I wasn't sure how many people had been  there before me.



I then got to thinking that maybe I had blogged out of order....first romance,... then sex,... then kissing.



Who knew that all this time I had been doing it all wrong?



I checked out Mahvin's blog today. He was having a lover's tiff with yahoo. Actually I think everyone was earlier today. I was glad to see he and yahoo worked things out. I am a sucker for a happy ending.



I headed over to JD"s blog to see if he has posted a new blog. He still had the same blog up from the other day. It was a blog on the love of his life, the beautiful Cyn..... Still the most romantic blog I have come across since I started all this blogging.



I have to confess I thought for sure that for "blog romance week", he would have a blog on the "12 steps of redneck romance"...or at least a recipe of "roadkill for two". It's still early in the week, so I will check back again.



I wondered just what was I going to post in my blog for romance week? I can't even post a blog on flowers. It was already covered today by Angie. She talked about the people that buy flowers, what kind of flowers they want, what kind she likes, and what is the best kind of flowers....so much for flowers.



 I thought about posting a pic of some cute fluffy duck or kitten. But I realized that Jim already had the blogs on the goats and his love (or obsession) of them. Granted they aren't as cute and cuddly as .....say a puppy,... ...but we don't want to get Spotty dog started again.





I  hopped over to a couple other blogs, but thankfully they didn't have anything to do with romance, or kissing, or sex.



It's still only Wednesday,.... well almost Thursday, as I type this blog late at night..... Plenty of time for a blog for "Romance week"....



I still have time to find romance....



And if I don't find it..... I will head back down to the supermarket to the produce aisle.



I will be the one standing under the lettuce leaf.... and looking hopeful.






 

Comments

(23 total)

Oh my god Vic you are one special lady!!! I absolutely love your blogs...you give me a much needed smile...and you'll never know how much that means to me...thank you beautiful lady....hugssssss

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 06:45am (EDT)

Romance week, is it? Well helllll! *buys all the yahoo women dinner and expects something in return*

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 07:24am (EDT)

Where do you think Cabbage Patch Dolls come from Vic...I mean sheesh...get with it girl....LMAO. Once again, a most entertaining view into your "warped" mind, hahahaha.

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 07:57am (EDT)

LMAO What can I say Vic. I loved it! Great blog. Hmmm Loud speaker squakin in my ear "Clean up crew wanted int the produce department". You're a mess girl.

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 07:49am (CDT)

CLEAN UP ON ISLE SIX!!!

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 09:58am (EDT)

Aisle...

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 10:02am (EDT)

I love your writing. You have great style! And, a great sense of humor. :)

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 10:22am (EDT)

VICCLES! Ahahahaha! Oh man...I'm speechless...and I'll never be able to look a lettuce in the face again! (((hugs)))

Friday September 1, 2006 - 12:32am (EST)

LMBAOPIMP! Well vickles, GF ya really got us going today! What a great blog! Thanks for putting me in a jolly good mood this morning and hats off to fellow bloggers for the laughs too!

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 10:50am (EDT)

Lol umbumble...

Now zim, they didn't mention anything about cabbage. Granted it's close to lettuce, but might not be considered the "real" thing,lol.

Ohmygosh poss, hill might be on to something.....it just dawned on me...... salad bars!!!...all this time I have been going to the wrong kind of bar....I think I just had an epiphany....lol,lol.

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 10:09am (CDT)

hey.....and whadda ya mean "warped"?....lol

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 04:18pm (CDT)

put that cucumber down!

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 06:06pm (CDT)

Don't sit under the lettuce leaf...with anyone else but me, no no no.... anyone else but me....... breaks out a bottle of a nice Italian salad dressing and a sweet wedge of cheese.lol

Thursday August 31, 2006 - 07:09pm (CDT)

Salad Dressing already Jim?!!.....I hardly know you!! lol,lol

Friday September 1, 2006 - 11:21am (CDT)

Hey, the world could end tomorrow. Make salad not war!

Friday September 1, 2006 - 11:43am (CDT)

....so.....tell me all about your....croutons jim,lol :P

Friday September 1, 2006 - 01:12pm (CDT)

Geesh and I just came by for some cheese cake!!

Friday September 1, 2006 - 02:15pm (EDT)

Now its explained! I had no IDEA of what the heck was going on over the blog-waves. All this talk about romance and sex and kissing and ... am I forgetting something? No? Ok.

Well I just ventured in and *poof* Vic has it all wrapped up in a nice neat blog. Salad = sex? LMAO! Guess I better start buying more lettuce. Geez no wonder I've been moody!

Cheesecake? Someone say cheesecake? Is this romance your cheesecake week?

Friday September 1, 2006 - 01:44pm (PDT)

cuddles Mahvin hehe sorry I couldn't help myself.you are tooo cute ...I think ya kind of favor Vickles now come to think about it ...ya'll ever think about getting a tandem bike ??? I'm doing my part to promote Romance Week:):):)

Friday September 1, 2006 - 06:08pm (EDT)

nah, she's too busy flirting with Jim the Toolman over in the produce section. Look at them, they are (oh now that's just downright...wait...bacon bits on the salad?)

<nodding>

Nice little salad you're making there, Vic. LOL!

Thanks Dixie, I am 4 or 5 in this picture, probably closer to 5.

Friday September 1, 2006 - 04:25pm (PDT)

Yup, Vic really got into the veggie aisle didn't she hehehe
You were are real cutie pie Mahvin....probably grew up to be one too:):):)

Friday September 1, 2006 - 07:44pm (EDT)

Lol, I was going to type something here about...my bed of lettuce and getting tossed....but it looked kinda bad......Yahoo might start censoring me...lol

Friday September 1, 2006 - 06:55pm (CDT)

Make your blog mature, Vic, then you can go get Jim and be ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-d! LMAO!

Friday September 1, 2006 - 11:46pm (PDT)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment