Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Entry for August 02, 2006

I'm too sexy for this blog......



I don't care who you are.....everyone, is vain about something....



Yesterday I met my mother for breakfast, one of the first things she said to me was...."feel my face, feel how soft it is". She had tried some new skin cream product someone was selling. It was something I had never heard of ...but it was Swiss .......and well,  her face did feel soft. But at 67 years of age, I wondered why of all times my mother would be concerned about her skin being soft. She was never one for lots of make-up, jewelry, nail polish,etc......but yesterday she surprised me...with her soft skin.



I had a chat with one of my on-line friends and they paid me a compliment....made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....but I already do feel warm and fuzzy when I talk to any of my friends....compliments aren't required but they are well received and appreciated.



I got to thinking......am I vain? My first quick response was no, of course not....and then I thought about it a little longer. And I have to confess, at times... on somethings... I guess I could be.



I get a lot of compliments on my hair. It is long,... longer than it should be...it needs a trim badly, and with this heat I keep thinking I should cut it...cut it a lot shorter. But I have been told many times don't cut your hair, so I keep my hair long....What most people don't know is that when I was born, I was born bald, nary a hair on my head........till I was almost two years old. When I started to have hair....it came in strawberry blonde and stayed that way till I went to school...and then it turned a "roan" color...before turning as dark as it is today.



But I don't really consider myself vain about my hair.....if you really must know....



....want to know what I think is my best feature......



It's my eyebrows....



I like my eyebrows....I tweeze my eyebrows...I keep them tidy...I keep them plucked in their natural arch....and I am vain about them. ...they have to be plucked and looking nice....because I like them that way.



There are so many different products and nice smelly things to try for women...I almost feel sorry for the men. Oh sure they have cologne and aftershave....but they don't have make-up, nail polish, lotions and perfumes and all kinds of neat girly stuff.



I like make-up....I wear make-up...not a lot of it, just enough...to help.....but I tell myself it isn't out of vanity....it's as a favor. A favor to the rest of the world, that is what I tell myself.....and I try to believe it.



This morning I woke up and looked in the mirror.... my hair was going every which way... with a mind of it's own... like only curly hair can do on a humid day. My eyes were red and puffy, which comes from allergies and sleeping with the air conditioner on. There was a red spot on my left cheek from a wrinkle in my pillow....



I squinted.....was that another grey hair I spied?....and I sighed...



.....and I said (a touch sarcastically)....... "good morning beautiful."



And blew myself a kiss...



Every now and then.... we all need to feel a little good about ourselves..

 

 

Comments

(4 total)

Too funny!!!! Love reading your blogs, they rarely fail to make me smile or giggle. Now I know you haven't written that many yet, but what you have written...well you know what I mean...sigh. Keep 'em rolling! I just hope for our sakes that that power line running from your cornfield into Iowa never fails - gosh, what would it be like to lose touch with the one and only person who lives in Nebraska!!!????

Wednesday August 2, 2006 - 05:56pm (EDT)

Vic, all this time I thought you were vain about your pink boufant beehive hair do....no, do not cut it what ever ya do...go ahead and do yer little turn on the cat walk:):)
As for me, lord it's hard to be perfect when ya perfect in every way...I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get purdier with each passing day....ouch!! stop throwing shoes at me!!!
Hugs, Dixie

Wednesday August 2, 2006 - 06:09pm (EDT)

There, there, ms viccles....even toofless, chocolate coated punkins with pink hair are loved by SOMEONE! Their mums...Aussie possums...the skin-care people...the Twinkie people... ((hugs))

Thursday August 3, 2006 - 09:41am (EST)

Vic, you can always feel good about yourself..I like gals with plucked eyebrows all neat and nice...makes the toofies stand out

Sunday August 6, 2006 - 08:03pm (EDT)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment