Thursday, August 17, 2006

Entry for August 17, 2006

Just one of those kind of days...



It's Thursday, just an ordinary day. Not quite the week-end, but past hump day. Nothing of special importance that I know of, but it is turning out to be one of "those" kind of days.



I woke up this morning to the sound of drizzling rain. I laid in bed and just listened to the welcoming sound. I then  realized it  was Thursday, it was trash day. I scrambled to get dressed and get the trash hauled out to the curb. My soft sounding drizzle had at that moment decided to turn into a downpour. I did get my trash out in time, but I got drenched, and my nice white sneakers weren't quite as bright white as they were earlier....and my downpour, ended as quickly as it started.



I puttered around and put on a load of laundry. When it was done spinning I went to put the clothes in the dryer when I spied a lone sock wedged between the wall and the washer. Now there was no way my arm was going to fit in that small space so I hunted around till I found a yardstick. After a lot of manuvering and feeling like I was standing on my head, I got my lost sock retrieved and tossed in the hamper. Where it's mate was I hadn't a clue.



I went to the kitchen and opened up the fridge to get some eggs out to boil. A tupperware container fell out and it's lid flew across the floor. It's contents were spilled out like a skidmark behind it. I guess my tupperware lid didn't burp like it was suppose to have Zim...go figure.



I got my mess cleaned up and my eggs on to cook. I rinsed them when they were done and started to peel them. Now the eggs themselves had been in my fridge awhile, they needed to be used up. I had added salt to the water to make them easier to peel. However you wouldn't have known that by looking at my efforts. I don't know why they were so hard to peel. When I was finished it looked like I had tried to peel them while wearing mittens. Thank goodness they were going into egg salad and didn't need to look pretty...



I puttered some more around the house, picking up things, shuffling things, and dropped a glass of water in the process. I wiped up my mess with a towel, and added it to the lonely sock in the hamper . I grumbled to myself it wasn't even noon yet, and it was turning into one of those kind of days.



It's funny how the smallest things can irk you. On their own they don't seem so big, but when added together it seems to be more than it really is. You start to wonder if you should invest in a lucky rabbit's foot, or go change into your lucky shirt, hang a horseshoe over your door, or something to  help improve your track record.



In reality I know I really can't complain. Everyone gets wet, everyone gets their shoes dirty. People always drop things or loose things, or make messes. Socks get lost all the time...(I think it's in their nature to wander).



As I sit here at my computer eating my egg salad sandwhich for lunch. I looked out the window and saw the sun was starting to peek out. I thought to myself, today wasn't such a bad day. Things were looking brighter. Nothering really that terrible to complain about, just some small inconveniences. I looked back at my computer screen and noticed a glop of egg salad on my keyboard...and I wiped it up and sighed.....



Yep it was going to be one of "those" kind of days....



But I have a feeling tomorrow will be different....tomorrow will be a better day.



And if it isn't.....



Maybe I should think about returning those goats I stole from Jim's blog yesterday...



and maybe he will trade them for that voodoo doll he is crafting.






Comments

(24 total)

LOL...imagine that...non-burping tupperware! Entertaining look into your world, as always Vic. And guess what...every day that you open your eyes and see the world around you is a good day - all those other little things are just there to try dampen your enthusiasm for life...guess what, it doesn't work LOL.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 04:14pm (EDT)

awww...poor lil Vic. Slip on them lucky horse shoes and trot down to the store and get ya some ice cream.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 03:27pm (CDT)

psssttttt Jim.....don't make me come after the pig...

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 03:34pm (CDT)

I don't think you could handle the Karma...lol...I'm already checking E-Bay to see if any Lepercahn is selling off his lucky charms to go with your rabbits foot. How bout I carve ya two lucky front teeth?

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 04:02pm (CDT)

Gives Jim the evil eye....

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 04:37pm (CDT)

LMBAOPIMP ya'll are so funny!!! Poor vic....have a chocolate for lunch and don't worry about those eggs. Hey use an enamel sauce pan and you won't have that trouble with the shell..well maybe.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 05:42pm (EDT)

Hey does that really work Dixie with the enamel pan? Never heard of that.... but then you know about my cooking skills,lol.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 04:51pm (CDT)

Awwww Vic...sorry you had a rough day...big hugssss....If ya cook something chocolate...let me know :D

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 06:08pm (EDT)

  • JD
  • Offline

I spent most of the day out prancin' around in 101° heat surveyin' my narrow rear-end off. 'Bout wore me to a frazzle.

Hey, thanks for the in-vite, but with all due respect, I gonna keep the goats and pigs and chocolate under armed guard.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 05:12pm (CDT)

Ah Vic, I read this and think to myself, how lucky she is to get to stay home and get that stuff done in leisure time. LOL
Wow I gotz to get off this page, I'm starved and am gonna be trying to stick my finger in that icing.

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 05:21pm (CDT)

Pokes my finger in Vic's evil eye...

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 05:41pm (CDT)

I tried it and it works for me Vic....the enamel pan that is lolol

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 07:07pm (EDT)

Aw come on JD...ya won't share a little of that chocolate? (Tries to wink with her one good eye...)

Leans over and whispers in Jim's ear..."Bacon"

Dixie thanks for the tip I will definitely try it!

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 08:22pm (CDT)

Bacon? Bacon?.. Nose twiching for a hint of the smell of someone cooking bacon.... hmmmmm wonder if Mac has any of those tomatoes left??

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 09:13pm (CDT)

licks my finger, reaches over and sticks it in Vics ear and whispers..."wet willy"

Thursday August 17, 2006 - 10:45pm (CDT)

Stopping in with bottle of eye drops for Vic.. Hope things is lookin up.. er at least hope you're able to do some lookin.

Jimw.. lay you hand on this desk please. Cyn picks up ruler and wacks the tire out of Jims fingers... Now, maybe this will teach ya to refrain from pokin those boney fingers in places where they don't belong.

Friday August 18, 2006 - 10:04am (CDT)

Lol,lol...yeah....you tell him Cyn...whack him again, I don't think he's listening....

Friday August 18, 2006 - 11:19am (CDT)

Yep... sure sounded like a rough day!...but things generally sort themselves out in the wash, except for socks which seem to have a mind of their own. Hope the weekend treat you right.

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 09:43am (NZST)

well gee. I used my nub. It can't poke very deep. It's barely half a finger. Maybe less after Cyn whacked it.

Friday August 18, 2006 - 06:54pm (CDT)

<sneaks in a leaves a Mississippi Mud Cake on the table - tiptoes out>

Friday August 18, 2006 - 10:49pm (PDT)

MAHVIN!!!...okay you are moving way to the top of my buddie's list!!!!!,lol....CAKE! Ya left me cake...and it's chocolate Mississippi mud cake too! Yum,yum,yum,yum....(okay ya all back off, the cake's mine.......and sharing is just way over rated when it comes to chocolate cake,lol) Thanks Mahvin!

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 12:10pm (CDT)

Look Vic, Over there it's a mouse!....Sneaks a little slice of cake to go with my coffee.

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 12:27pm (CDT)

Lol Cyn, I am so wise to you......

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 01:06pm (CDT)

How can a itty bitty girl eat so much cake. I bet you store some in your beehive don't cha?

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 04:03pm (CDT)









 

No comments:

Post a Comment