Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Entry for August 08, 2006

I've been out blogged by my blog.



Okay, now I know I have got you wondering what in the world is she talking about today.



Well I have been out blog hopping, going from page to page and reading the kewl happenings of others, seeing pretty pics, clicking on inserted links.....and I have gotten.....a bad case of....blog envy....



I don't know if you noticed in yesterday's blog, but all of my blog was "italicised".... thought that was pretty snazzy of me didn't ya? .. The sad fact is...I only wanted the first verse of that song lyrics italicised and then to go back to the orginal font...but I couldn't make it work. I tried and tried to press that "I" button to make it go back and it wouldn't......That is when I knew I had once again been sent to the back of the class in blogging.



"Sigh".....



I feel almost as stupid as the day I got this computer, which only goes to show.... I knew it had something against me from the very beginning. What I wouldn't give to be called a geek right now...um, that is being  called a geek in a good sorta, computer literate sort of way.



You know it took me three blog postings before I knew that I could go back and fix the typos after I had posted it?.....talk about sad!



As I look over other people's blogs and see their inserted pics and links and read about the "Hannah affect" I have to admit...my eyes glaze over... my I.Q. must drop a few points...and I think....who is Hannah?...and  how dare she think up this kind of stuff to torture me....She has to know I want that, I want to be able to do that...and if only I could learn how to do this Hannah effect I would insert some stuff....I would insert expletives ... but I take a deep breath......and calm down.



You know I thought I was being so smart......so proud of myself...I thought I would compose my blog in MS works and cut and paste it here......well...for some reason my blog won't allow that....and I could live with that.... But for some other reason, since I updated my browser, my screen crashes if I don't move on to another link or page after so long......so....I type fast...and faster...



.....and the typos come faster and faster....



Oh Hannah, can't you make my cut and paste work? You don't know how I long for the old days...the old days of REAL cut and pasting...I liked paste...and no,...... contrary to what you all think... I never ate paste...but I liked it's stickiness...There was even a small time frame you could rearrange your pasted piece...



...Oh and my scissors,..... my little blunt, child proof scissors...still wish I had them...probably still need them on most days too...



But...I won't be defeated by my blog...I will persevere....and by golly I will learn the Hannah effect one day...I will have inserted pics, and links, and all kinds of kewl stuff....



and if I never figure it out.....meet me behind my blog Hannah...you and I have some talking to do.


 

 

Comments

(11 total)

But..but..but..Vic...I think your bloggyness is soooo cool...You impress me...I think you're the nicest sort of "geek"....and besides that I loveeeee your blogs...you make me laugh...and I thank you for that...hugsssssssss

Tuesday August 8, 2006 - 07:46pm (EDT)

GEEK! I'm sure you'll figure it out. : P

Tuesday August 8, 2006 - 07:27pm (CDT)

Hmmm....you should be able to cut and paste from a word processing program...I do...oops now she is gonna throw another damn corn husk at me....DUCKS!

Tuesday August 8, 2006 - 09:57pm (EDT)

Aw thanks guys....not a true geek yet, but I am gonna be one of these days!! It's my mission in life, not sure where I am gonna put the pocket protector though,lol........

(Um Zim.....nah, I ain't gonna throw any more corn husks at ya....might hold ya down and make ya eat paste though,lol,lol...)

Tuesday August 8, 2006 - 10:35pm (CDT)

Awwww vic...ya might not feel "geekish" yet...but you sure have a "spiffified" blog :D

Wednesday August 9, 2006 - 11:17am (EDT)

Awwww vic...ya might not feel "geekish" yet...but you sure have a "spiffified" blog :D

Wednesday August 9, 2006 - 11:17am (EDT)

sorry :( my comment got stuck :((

Wednesday August 9, 2006 - 11:52am (EDT)

IS that chocolate in your background??

Thursday August 10, 2006 - 12:34am (IST)

Awesome blog and rather spiffy too...lollolI hope Poss comes up with another "word of the day" soon lollol

Wednesday August 9, 2006 - 03:51pm (EDT)

Yep zzee...made the jpg from a pic so it would tile seamlessly....feel free to snag if you like it...

Lol dixie...I call them her "possum-isms"....

Wednesday August 9, 2006 - 03:44pm (CDT)

Vic , for what this is worth,(and if you will allow me to be serious for a moment) the " office type work" capabilities of the blog are sadly lacking. I discovered if you use a color highlight behind your words then you can't remove it. Probably true of the italics too. Lines and words jump around when you try the orientation also. However, you really can do your blog in another program and copy/paste. I did that once for a long blog with uncorrectable mistakes that I didn't want to type over.(MMMMMMM...chocolate)

Friday August 11, 2006 - 07:55am (EDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment