Thursday, August 10, 2006

Entry for August 10, 2006

Vogue



Style...we see and hear it everywhere. It's on the cover of magazines, it's in art, it's in our homes, it's in us.....well...in some of us.



The fashion and celebrity world would have us to think it can be attained. It can be bought, ..it can be had....for anyone....



But I disagree.



Not everyone has style....oh they may have "a" style....but not true "Style". I am sure all of us can think of someone off the top of our heads who we think has style.... Audrey Hepburn had style...Cary Grant had style......Elizabeth Taylor has style...or she use to. At times I wonder if she has lost it and replaced it with something else....Uniqueness...it's close to style but not the same.



There are those celebrities who claim style or have been styled and over styled, but they don't have it.



Joan Rivers doesn't have style.....she may have fashion,she may have a fashion show, yet all the newest trends and an inordinate amount of plastic surgery still doesn't give her style.



My grandmother loves to shop...and shop...and shop. Not content on buying one thing, she buys multiples if it is on sale or she has a coupon. My grandfather would bemoan her spending but never truly put his foot down. She loved to buy, in our family we have come to think of it as a disease....which at times I think I may have inherited...but I digress, back to style.



My grandmother went shopping for a dress, she found one....one she loved, one she loved that was way to expensive, and she knew she would hear it from her penny-pinching famer husband. So she took off the dress, and pulled the salesclerk aside and gave her a wad of money. She asked her to apply to her purchase of the dress and say nothing to her husband. When it came time to ring up the dress, she was only billed the difference. No one was any wiser, save the dress clerk and my grandmother......



For that I giver her points on originality .....and style....



I have a friend that always has a smile on her face. She is like a "party of one". When she enters a room  you know it....that is style.



I need new glasses....I am thinking of getting something funky, something kewl, something that screams who I am...something with style.....maybe some tiny cat-rim glasses.... but then I think, will that look stylish? Or will it look like I have been shopping at the dollar store for cheap reading glasses?



I doubt myself on my choice......people with style don't.... They can wear vintage clothes and pass for funky...I wear vintage clothes...I pass for early garage sale.



As I sit here and look down on my purple t-shirt with a few white paint splotches, and spy my naked bare feet...I tuck them under my computer chair and sigh........no...today I would be considered style-less.



But I figure if I don't have style,..... I will surround myself with style.



.........and I have......



I have surrounded myself with friends who have style.



...and that has to count for something.




 

Comments

(5 total)

I'd tell you that you have style but I doubt you'd belive me. lol.

Thursday August 10, 2006 - 03:51pm (CDT)

ahhhhh, me pink haired sweetie, you'll always be ultra stylish in my book!

Thursday August 10, 2006 - 06:44pm (EDT)

Vic...I like your style...not many women could carry off that beauuutiful pink hair and frills like you...when I grow up I want to be just like you...hugsssssss

Thursday August 10, 2006 - 07:53pm (EDT)

Yup, but Angie can ya ride a tricycle???? LMBAOPIMP

Friday August 11, 2006 - 01:02pm (EDT)

Dang it Dixie...I can't even walk across the yard :(( hehehehe

Friday August 11, 2006 - 01:32pm (EDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment