Sunday, June 24, 2012

Boxed Poo...

This morning I found myself digging in a box of gardening things in search of something I got quite some time ago as a gift for Christmas.

I had forgotten I even had it, until I was reading the blogs yesterday and read a comment on Yetanotherguy's blog. I am not sure what the original comment was exactly, but it was about boxed up "poo". I had to respond back with a comment that I did indeed have boxed up poo.

That is something most people won't normally admit to. I have a box of poo, let alone tell the world you got it for Christmas one year from your sister-in-law. Most would think my sister-in-law was trying to tell me something by that gift choice, but knowing my sister-in-law better, I know she bought it for the humor and because I like to garden.

Several of you will remember my past blog on asking for bags of compost/manure mix for my birthday. I was surprised that I was not alone in asking for poo as a present. Anyone who gardens though, knows we are a weird bunch, and it's the small things that make us happy.

My gift of Christmas poo is an old gift though. I am not sure how many Christmases ago that I got it. It has remained in the bottom of a box of garden paraphernalia for ages. So long in fact, I doubt my poo has much power. My poo is old, and I half way expected to come across it in it's box, just a powdery dust of "used to be poo".

But there it was, still in it's box, wrapped in cellophane, my rabbit shaped poo. The poo was designed to be pretty in a planter, not at all what one would imagine when thinking of boxed up poo. The makers of the formed poo are "ZOO DOO". I am not even sure if the company is still around. But the premise is, that the poo, is zoo recycled animal waste is made into something that every gardener will love. And you will be glad to know, that according to the box, there are many styles and other gifts available too. That it is "positively doolightful".

It's cute. It's funny. It's kinda expensive when compared to just regular bagged poo. The practical side of me can only mentally calculate how much of the real poo I could have gotten for the price of the pretty stuff. 

So I googled a bit for the ZooDoo and it's kinda hard to find. Now I am sorta regretting opening up my boxed up rabbit shaped poo and sticking it in my planter this morning. I am now wondering if I shouldn't have kept my neatly packaged poo as some sort of investment. What if some day it is worth something? Surely it will become a collector's item. If they can sell potato chips or chicken nuggets shaped like George Washington surely a box of rabbit formed zoo doo in it's original packaging could be worth a small fortune.

I know I am going to regret unpacking my poo. I just wasn't thinking. I should have hoarded my poo and let it's value increase. Darn the luck, I was just too intent on blogging today to know the value of boxed poo...

 

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm . . . I suppose I should start following MY animals around to see if they leave any 'gifts' shaped like rabbits, or anything else other than ordinary old poo, I could sell it on eBay I'll bet if they could come up with such a perfectly formed rabbit as that!

    Do you know what sort of animal poos perfectly formed rabbits like that one and what they eat? ;-)

    And shouldn't you bury the rabbit in the dirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just assumed a big tiger ate the rabbit and out it came looking just like that!

    If I bury the rabbit in the dirt, it won't look pretty any more..I guess I could push it further in the dirt so the rabbit looks like it's sitting on the dirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm not going to get a big tiger just t get rabbit shaped poo! ;-o

    yeah, I think the poo has t oat least be ON the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! From the blog title I thought it was going to be about you playing a trick on Vero and sending her a box of your doggie's poo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try and do better with my poo applications ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, if only I had Vero's addy.....the poo would travel ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. "So long in fact, I doubt my poo has much power."
    I have a gallon jar half full of fruit cake started in my garage since 1979. It has gained lots of power. One of my friends drank some and said it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May have become a collectors item Vic ;) Anyway that poo rabbit looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL . . . oh my gosh . . . You really DID blog about poo . . .

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! I was given a few boxes of poo, from the Zoo!! a few years ago.... I must go find them .. They are from the Auckland Zoo and I have about 4 different shapes LOL .I so burst out laughing when I read yr blog Viccles LOL..wanders off trying to remember what i did with them....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...I am speechless. LOL!!!!!

    But that rabbit is pretty, Vic. And I guess boxed poo is one of those major things under the subject title "Circle of Life".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guy that stuff sounds lethal. You better stick to using it for varnish remover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Oletimes! I am curious to see how long it takes for it to dissolve. I doubt it has much more nutrients than something paper mache',lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desperate times call for desperate measures ;)....

    (okay I am really not that desperate yet, but I know that blog day will be coming....like maybe by Thursday,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glenda!!! You must go find that poo!! I wanna see your Zoo Poo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol Sharon, who knew that was all it would take to render you speechless. Hold onto that party hat, we have a long ways to go for the rest of the 30 day challenge! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Re-gifting poop would be rude. you have to come up with some of your own this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol Robert, I know I have that affect on people sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nope, I am taking the easy route this year......gift cards....They can choose their own poo..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! It's the perfect gift! I won't even sign the card, I will print it off on the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha I know a friend who did just that for real!!! Don't be such a sourpuss. It's hard on the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geeesh Vic I would have kept the poo in tact unopened for down the road on Antique Auctions it could have been worth quite a boodle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had visions of dying in a car accident or something and family cleaning out my possessions. Imagine their faces coming across saved poo ;))

    ReplyDelete