Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Blog of Fluff and Stuff..

 

Today I though I would make an easy blog. A blog of fluff and stuff that didn't ramble on forever and overwhelm some of you with it's wordiness. I have noticed that so far my blogs have been rather longish and that nobody likes to hear someone go on and on, and on.

So today I took the camera and snapped a few pics outside of things that caught my eye. I wasn't out there long though as my batteries were near the end of their charge. I was lucky enough to capture a pic of  my neighbors. Well, two of my neighbors, that were out again in the sunshine. It amazes me they seem to be so nonplussed about being so out in the open in the middle of the morning. I am guessing they either don't feel threatened by my presence, or they had a case of the munchies and were off to look for a snack.

 

(Liatris, looking rather like a Dr. Seuss imagined flower)

 

(An ant's work is never done. Strolling on some sedum)

 

 

(An unknown variety of daylily, blooming quite happily despite the heat)

 

(A feeling mellow yellow daylily blooming like gangbusters)

 

(Forget the carriage, this Cinderella is waiting on pumpkins for pumpkin pie)

 

(A gourd house given to me by "Captain Morgan"...a shy Jenny Wren has taken up residence)

 

(Yucca seed pods from the spent blooms - wish I had got a pic of their white spires earlier)

 

(Two of the foxes...the blurry bits of the pic are some baby's breath type blooms that I had to "zoom" thru in order to take the pics without startling the foxes).

 

 

Happy blogging peeps and remember that a blog doesn't have to be several paragraphs and something serious and thought provoking. It can be something simple..and fluffy. Because even the fluff says something about you.

28 comments:

  1. (Click on the pics for larger images)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blogging vicariously through you. Frisky fluffy foxes fought furiously for four fermented fruits following feverish festivals fit for fifteen fake frauleins fiddling for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here you have been complaining about your nosey neighbors . . . I think they look perfectly charming! And FRIENDLY, too! ;o)

    Your flowers are lovely . . . I really wish I had a green thumb . . .

    And now I am feeling very self conscious because my blogs almost always are WAY long and obnoxiously wordy . . . SIGH . . . (SEE?!?!? I can't even just say 'my blogs suck' which would be more concise by FAR) . . . I will try to be brief today . . . You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't startle them foxes, they were watching you. Next they will do a drive-by.
    The fox on the left is a poser and is actually smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vic...I wanna come to your house and take pictures of Foxes. For me that is so exciting.

    I love the flowers. Cones are one of my favorites. I love all your pics in this blog and the captions. What a sweet wren house. And pumpkin vines are devine.

    I am glad you thought of this blog challenge. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Guy! I am getting rather fond of the little critters ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Yar! I am surprised everything isn't brown and dried up with the heat and drought. Luckily we had two small rain showers that has saved a lot of stuff and helped to green things back up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorites too, and it is so easy to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You be yourself! Ramble away! I like rambling, it is something I do on a regular basis ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol Mac, they didn't seem to concerned about me out there taking pics, even if I was a bit away using the zoom.. I am hoping I can get a family portrait with them all posing next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you have joined us in the blog challenge Sharon. I know how busy you are. Like you, I do love seeing wildlife sharing the same space as me... Unless it's a mouse..in the house... Then it just has to go! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah brevity, the hallmark of a stingy soul

    ReplyDelete
  13. very interesting Blog with great photos too ... love the Liatris... never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love the stuff and have it growing in several areas. I like how it adds vertical interest when combined with other perennials.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stingy? Stingy? I'm the picture of generosity I am. All heart... ask anyone! G.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I asked Misty....she has yet to get back to me.... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. See?
    Misty knows!
    No news is good news!
    G. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol Geoff, I think she is still trying to think of a polite way of wording it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes... perhaps.
    You DO know the definition of Polite?
    As a noun it can mean...Admiration, n. Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

    G. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sits on the sidelines watching Vic and Geoff have at it! Nice to see folk getting along.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of course Geoff and I get along!...(goes to hug him and then put him in a headlock)....

    ReplyDelete