Saturday, July 29, 2006

Entry for July 29, 2006

Warning....warning:....this blog contains adult content... be advised....



Now I don't consider myself a prude. I am pretty laid back when it comes to people, their choices, their lifestyles. I may not agree with their choices, and it may not be for me, but I figure everyone is entitled to their opinion and lifestyle....as long as it doesn't encroach onto my choices and lifestyle.



Now I know I have you all wondering, where is vic going with this blog?



Well....it's about my next door neighbors. Oh they are a typical married couple. Nothing too out of the ordinary in this rural, bible belt area of the country.



My neighbor is close to retiring, and he is busy doing all those retiring kind of things. RV-ing,gardening,woodworking.... which is fine.. I am all for keeping busy,... having hobbies.



Awhile back, I heard the sounds of a chainsaw next door. The neighbor evidently was cutting down a tree,.... and he had left the large main trunk of the tree standing. Now the tree itself wasn't all that big, and the trunk he left, was roughly about 4 to 5 feet tall and only about 18 inches across. I wondered why he hadn't sawed the tree to the ground,..... the trunk seemed out of place.



It wasn't till the next few days I found out why it was still standing..... He was making garden art.



My neighbor was making a carving out of his tall slender trunk.......a sculpture....



He was making a............. mushroom.



Upon first seeing his garden art... a mushroom is not the first thing that popped into my mind. I know my mouth dropped open and I thought that had to be the most obscene...... "mushroom" ........I had laid my eyes on.



I drove by again and this time there was no shock value......just peels of laughter.



A few days later there was some ...embellishment...stained or painted carved spots all over the cap. He now had dots on his mushroom....or his fungi had fungi.



It took some getting use to...... living next to the biggest wooden....mushroom



But nowadays, I can drive by it.....not even notice it...for the most part....



and some days...



......some days...I get a wicked grin and tell myself it could have been worse....



he could have placed two planters at the base of his garden art...

 

Comments

(4 total)

AHAHAHAHA.....Aaaaah VICCLES! Getting home from night shift to find that entry! You priceless thing you! Can you perhaps tell your neighbour that no giant mushroom is complete without a gnome or two at it's base? ROFL! ((HUGS))

Sunday July 30, 2006 - 08:18am (EST)

LMBAOPIMP Vickles I was wondering why you spend so much time in the great out doors LOLLOL

Sunday July 30, 2006 - 01:22am (EDT)

LOL! I found it. lol.

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 10:54am (CDT)

Lol Jim...no carving mushrooms...unless they are the flat toadstool kind,lol

Saturday August 19, 2006 - 12:11pm (CDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment