Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Entry for July 18, 2006

Yesterday I had a nice chat with one of my long time chat friends. One of those chat friends that have proved thru the test of time to be "non-weedy", ...incorigible yes,... but then that is part of their charm.



There was the strong hint of melancholy and wistfulness in their words. That got me to thinking for a good part of the day, what makes you melancholy...what makes you catch you breath, and a fills you with an indescribable sense of ...something....for what,you just aren't quite sure.



I have to admit I am a sentimental sap. Old photographs, old songs, and old friends make me melancholy.... old playgrounds, a country school, the sound of pans clanging in the early morning and the sound of frying bacon (of all things) makes me melancholy. Okay I really don't have a sentiment for pork...just reminds me over overnight visits as a child at my grandmother's.



Windmills....old wooden windmills...in pastures that are  empty 'cept for the brushy tufts of grass. They make me melancholy...



Driving home in the evening while the sun is setting and coloring the sky with reds and purples and oranges (that should clash but the colors don't). When all things in my part of the world are slowing down, and the road is mostly empty. I drive, and drive, for miles... and I think, I could keep driving, for miles and miles.



It makes me melancholy.....



even the word "melancholy" does........if that makes sense.



and thinking of my friend,... that got me to thinking in the first place,...makes me melancholy.





 

Comments

(3 total)

Go ahead Vickles and have some chocolate....nothing better to make ya feel better and chasing away the blues... well that or getting all Jacked up:)
Seriously you have done a terrific job on your blog site...GF, you have a better start than I...my brain has had a freeze up already:):)
Hugs,
Dixie

Tuesday July 18, 2006 - 04:35pm (EDT)

Now how can you have had a brain "freeze up" when it is so darn HOT! lol...(((hugs)))

Tuesday July 18, 2006 - 04:08pm (CDT)

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and a chocolate-coated Mintie x

Wednesday July 19, 2006 - 08:43am (EST)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment