Thursday, July 20, 2006

Entry for July 20, 2006

Making brownies today ....chocolate fudge brownies.....



very, rich....and sinfully good









just how I like my men....(wink)







Okay joking aside, including a couple recipes for brownies encase anyone else has a hankering for rich things today. And for my Aussie and Scottish friends who don't know what a brownie is or has never had one., think of chocolate cake...that has fallen. It has about that much volume...and density.



Fudge Topped Brownies



1 cup butter (or margarine) melted

2 cups sugar

1 cup flour

2/3 cup cocoa

1/2 tsp. baking powder

2 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 cup chopped walnuts



Fudge Topping

12oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

extra walunts (optional)



Preheat over to 350 degrees . Combine brownie ingredients. Spread in 9 x 13 inch pan, sprayed with cooking spray (pam). Bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan.Just before brownies are done, melt chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Immediately spread over HOT brownies. Cool... chill...cut into bars.



Okay personally I omit the fudge topping all together, the brownies have already  got enough sugar to send me spinning. You can just dust with powdered sugar or use a thin powdered sugar glaze.



Okay for those non-chocolate loving people ........(I gasp at the thought)...





Blonde Brownies



1 stick butter (melted)

3/4 c. brown sugar

3/4 c. white sugar

2 eggs

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp.vanilla



Mix brownie ingredients and spread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees till lightly brown on top, about 20-30 minutes. Cool and frost with powdered sugar icing.



Options:

1. Add 3/4 cup flaked coconut to the batter before baking and sprinkle additional coconut on top of frosting.

2. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips to the batter. Bake, cool, and omit frosting.

3. Add 1 cup chopped pecans to the batter. Frost with powdered sugar icing that has been flavored with oranje juice concentrate.



Bon appetite!





(don't call me if you have to visit your dentist)....

 

Comments

(6 total)

hehe we do like the same kind of men errrrr brownies don't we vickles??....geesh Ol Sugar Lips is gonna love coming home to night from work when I set a plate of these babies down in front of him LOLLOL I am starving after reading this post so it's off to the kitchen I go:):):) Whuppin' up a double batch I am!!
Hugs,
Dixie

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 05:42pm (EDT)

Ms Viccles, the thought of rich, sinfully good ANYTHINGS makes me drool! Kind of like walking into the craft shop that's just a block away - absolutely nothing from the outside - white painted glass and just one little hoarding 0n the kerb, but laden with goodies unimaginable inside! :)) I'm thinking I'll join Dixie and try the recipe(s). :D

Friday July 21, 2006 - 12:01pm (EST)

They are even better the next day.... more dense and fudgy.

Thursday July 20, 2006 - 10:55pm (CDT)

the photo looks like your makin shakes to me...lol : )...umm..you got a run

Friday July 21, 2006 - 04:04pm (CDT)

lol, that is suppose to be "shaking the calories off"....

Friday July 21, 2006 - 07:52pm (CDT)

Hey hon, think I just gained 10 pounds reading your blog. Trying to catch up on the blogs I missed, and "I'm in Heaven" now that I am back on line. Regards, Millie

Monday October 22, 2007 - 08:42pm (EDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment