Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Entry for July 24, 2006

McDonalds is going to make me a millionaire...



I will start off by saying I didn't ever see the movie "Super Size Me". I have no desire to see it either. I am of the mindset that when there is a real "documentary" on anything I will give it a view. But in our media filled world, a documentary is as one sided as the the producer making it. Everyone has an opinion and those opinions can not help but be introduced in that media form.



Take the newspaper....any of them....doesn't really matter which. Have you noticed how the articles that are written are no longer a story of facts and information? Each writer it seems, has taken to turning each news item into an editorial. There is no unbias reporting. You know immediately which way the writer's views are slanted....I don't know if they call that good journalism...but for me...I just want to know the facts, all the facts....and not ones that just make for a good story....but I digress....





(climbs off of the soapbox...I don't know how I wandered up there...usually I am afraid of heights)





Back to McDonald's....and me.... one day being a millionaire.



We have all been there....we have all eaten there....(you know who you are....you there....crouching behind the wheel of your car in your sun glasses...claiming to get just a drink..... I see the ketchup packets...I saw the cold fry stuck in between the seats.......yes you.......weak vessel... you)



Do you notice when you are looking over the menu...the prices...for just a sandwhich and a drink, versus a value meal? It is almost the same price...maybe even more...for just the sandwhich...the drink......and no fries.



And then it hits you... You are being cheated...cheated out of those hot,golden,crispy,salty things ... the price is the same...with or without them....so you cave in and buy your fries.



And afterwards...when the roof of your mouth feels like it is covered in something indescribable, and you are licking it much like a dog does with peanutbutter stuck to the roof of it's mouth...you start to think that maybe you shouldn't have had those fries....those wonderful salty,greasy fries....but hey...in a way...........



they were free...



Which comes to my grandious plan of being a millionaire..... (just between you and me)... I don't order the fries... I don't order the value meal.



Oh sure...it may be the same price... but I refrain...refrain from the fries.....and....(looks around secretively)....that is when...I tell myself... I have saved a dollar.



Okay maybe not technically...but I tell myself that... every time I go there..



I keep my dollar.....and sometimes..... sometimes I get wild and crazy and spend it on a lotto ticket.



Yes...I have traded one vice for another...but this one...will make me a millionaire...curtesy of McDonalds....





no ketchup needed.

 

 

Comments

(1 total)

hehe peeking out from my dark shades... color me of the weak persuasion Vic..darn! saving a dollar as opposed to gobbling down clown food is a hard thing to do.hummmm now where is that ketchup??? Hey if you do win a million remember ya got a FRIEND here in SC LOLLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment