Sunday, October 7, 2007

Entry for October 07, 2007 - Warts


I know I was a bit early and jumped the gun with already decorating my blog and creating a new avatar with a Halloween theme. I was worried that time would get away from me like it always seems to do. I do that a lot, lose time...and worry.

I am a worry wart.

I know most of you blogged over and thought I was going to blog about warts. It would have been a timely entry with all of the frogs and wart-nosed witches adorning a lot of blogs lately. In fact when I was a kid I had a wart once on the bottom of my foot. The cure was almost more painful then the wart it's self. Freezing it off didn't hurt nearly as badly as the doctor then poking the medicine into the freshly burned off wart with a toothpick. Thankfully I haven't had it grow back. Googling for a pic for today's blog I came across a webpage on home cures for warts. Diet seems to be a popular remedy for the prevention of warts along with rubbing them with garlic. But I digress... this blog is more about worries.

We all have them, some of us more than others. My grandmother has to be the worst case of being a worry wart that I have ever seen. I worry that I will be like her in that respect. She worries about each of her children, her grandchildren, her great grandchildren, and her great-great grandchildren. One can spend a lot of time wasted by worrying. That adage that we need to change the things we can't accept and accept the things we can not change is good in theory. I worry though I don't have the wisdom to tell the difference....and then I worry that the things we accept that we can't change is only because we give up too easily.

I worry about work, I worry about gas prices, getting behind, getting ahead, and the upcoming winter. I worry about family and friends, and changes consciously made and changes made out of circumstance. I worry that this is as good as it gets and I would prefer it to be a whole lot better. I worry about choices and if they are the right ones. I worry that there are things I haven't even considered. I worry about life passing me by, and then I worry that maybe I haven't even gotten on the merry-go-round yet and I am actually still standing in line. Thanks to Mac's blogs and the comments on his blogs this week I now worry about Minute rice, hamburger, and bar-be-que potato chips. I really used to like bar-be-que potato chips too. I worry that Suzi will start to count the number of times I have used the word "worry" in this blog....

I worry that I worry to much and get too involved. It seems lately I keep finding myself in the middle of things and I am not quite sure how I got there. I worry that when asked for advice or my opinion that when I give it .... it's not what the person was really wanting to hear. I worry if maybe I should be more quieter. Maybe I should just listen and give a non-committal type answer that keeps me as neutral as possible. I worry about lost friendships and I even worry about making new friends.

When I first joined 360, I bit the bullet and often clicked on someone's profile to ask them to be my friend. Usually I got an immediate reply. There has been a time or two that I didn't. Then I worried that those individuals weren't all that keen to be my friend. Perhaps I came across too weird, too dorky, too immature, too ..too much of something. It made me think though. Now I worry about adding new friends. Some days I boldly click and ask will you be my friend? Most days I worry and think ...no... if they want to be my friend they will ask me. I then worry they are thinking the same thing. One instance or moment in our lives can give us doubt and worry.

I have a couple of friends that I have chatted to this week on different concerns and worries. It's been an odd week or two in some respects. You worry for someone and express those worries to them and it brings a totally different outcome then you were expecting, which only brings about a different set of worries. One of my friends told me several times.....don't worry. It's easier said than done. They told me they would accept all blame for everything.....to just blame them for all the worries. So I am...

I am going to blame them for me not winning the lotto last night, I will also blame them for me forgetting to buy a ticket for that lotto drawing. I will blame them for my burnt toast, unfolded laundry, and my cat that still bites and scratches. I will blame them for sleeping in, staying up late, not eating my veggies and for rambling on this blog. It's nice not to have to worry and being able to blame them for everything. I don't know what I did to deserve their friendship. I will, though, keep them and their friendship close. No matter what the worries I will stick by them thru thick and thin, and be constantly by their side. They can't lose me or my friendship. They are stuck with me....



...maybe they should worry....

No comments:

Post a Comment