Friday, October 19, 2007

Misty Made Me Do It...


 

After reading Misty's blog, and Mac's blog as well, I of course had to visit the link they have posted on their blogs to visit the CEO's page and leave my two cents worth...

It was an interesting read and I am sure that everyone else along with me could read between the lines, well actually every other word or line screamed....."money"....we want more money. Such is a fact of life and big business. Just encase my comment doesn't show this is what I posted:

"Thank you for your posting on what has been going on behind the scenes in Yahoo. It is obvious that what is "relevant" for Yahoo and it's stock holders is money,... bottom line. I know that Yahoo provides a service, in fact a lot of services. Those services are used by us the consumer. The views of those consumers have been voiced in the latest postings in the Yahoo 360 team blogs both here and abroad. What Yahoo fails to do is listen to those consumers. Here lies the "relevancy" of what really mattes. Profit, more advertising, or the opportunities for more advertising and businesses that tie themselves to the Yahoo network. Each small voice of ours though is the basis for consumption of that network. A lot of members of the 360 blogging community are understandably upset. Questions went unanswered for months... Issues sidestepped...promises being made of something that will enhance our Yahoo experience even more. How can promises be made of an "enchanced yahoo experience", when what we the users of 360 have already been experiencing.... such general disreguard?


"Irrelevancy: not relevant: not applicable or pertinent," .... isn't that what you really meant to say?"

I never saw Misty's comment there or one by Mac but I will go back and recheck. My own comment after being posted had a pretty yellow box proclaiming ...

"Your Comment is awaiting moderation"....

I thought my comment was rather moderate already, I didn't use any cuss words or bad language,...perhaps though they sensed a shake of my finger at them?

8 comments:

  1. Ya know, Vic. Yahoo had me hooked. They lured me to their Candy Shoppe like the little ole Pinocchio that I was, and then when I found myself working and working and turning into an ass, well... who wants to be an ass by choice? Yahoo failed, and blew their second chance by first, avoiding to answer critical questions in the beginning and then secondly, hem hawwing about it afterwards, like a kid does when scolded for slamming the door too loud or something. If Yahoo feels that us older folk are just not worth the advertising market when compared side by side with the younger crowd, maybe they need to learn some simple economics BEFORE they go running off and not paying us any attention. After I get settled here, the next thing that goes is my webhosted site and my email account. Quite frankly, I got the hint. They don't care about me or any of my NUMEROUS Boomer crowd. They can take their services and cram it up their MASH hole. LMAO. Yes, I really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vic:
    It's no wonder Yahoo is way back in the pack when it comes to search engines etc. The company is way behind the times and isn't all that interested in a demographic that has fat wallets and even fatter bank accounts. That would be the Boomers, us, the folks Jerry and his gang are snubbing. I recently read a business article about "the graying of the web" that indicated that smart companies are starting to cater to the Boomer generation. Obviously, Yahoo is not a smart company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Terren.. obviously! If we all stop feeding Yahoo they might realize it too! But too late as far as I'm concerned. I'm kind of like Bubs a tad tired of being their puppet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I thought for even one second that all the comments to the CEO and on Yahoo's other blogs would make a difference, but, sadly, I don't think they will...I mean, let's face it, if they cared, we wouldn't be in this position to begin with...great comment, though...I'll have to go back and check to see if mine made it through 'moderation'...
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo has been around along time..Way before I even got a pc in my home I was seeing ads of the TV about Yahoo..It is said they don't even care enough about their people to fix the problems and set things stright..Yes I liked 360 when I joined but waiting to post or 360 eating out post and everything else just got to me..Hey I couldn't even put a little thingie like this in the comments..Whats so hard about letting us add flowers or pics..I love it here..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo is going to do what Yahoo wants. I have been so fed up with the length of time it takes to post a message then have it vanish. I'll keep the email with them but only because I store a lot of stuff there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I moved my Yahoo Calendar and Contacts to GMail, I am now working on moving my emails from Yahoo to GMail. Once I have notified all my other accounts of the email change, it's bye bye Yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am gonna see what their "new and improved" version is and will probably not like it....

    ReplyDelete