Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Entry for June 27, 2007 - Alice...

Today I am feeling a bit like Alice in Wonderland. Yesterday when out and about for a bit in the yard I fell in a hole. It wasn’t exactly a rabbit hole like Alice’s, it was just an ordinary hole that I stepped in. It wasn’t the most graceful of steps either. I waved my arms, tried to keep from dropping the stuff I was carrying and did this spasmodic dance step to keep me from sprawling flat on my face. My ankle is feeling the results of that hole today.

This morning as I got up and looked over my ankle it didn’t appear to be too swollen. It wasn’t too colored up, unless you look at the bottom of my foot and then you will see the darkened purple area that runs the length of my sole. It didn’t hurt too badly, till I stood up on it. Which posed a bit of a dilemma since I like to be upright for most of the day. Putting shoes on helped some, and with a Herman Munster-like gait I hobbled to the doorway. I was then at a crossroads. One way was to the kitchen where I could go grab some breakfast. The other direction lead me to the computer room. Priding myself on being practical, I opted for the shortest distance, which was the computer room. Once settled in a chair my foot didn’t feel so badly again. It’s only appears to be this walking stuff that bothers it.

I was feeling a bit more smug, I can handle this wimpy wrenched ankle foot stuff. It isn’t so bad, and by the end of the week I will be doing cartwheels. But after an hour or so of blogging and web surfing, a bagel for breakfast was sounding good and as I looked down the hallway towards the kitchen, I realized now it was even a bigger jaunt or hobble.... I sighed.... This foot stuff was beginning to be so inconvenient.

Around noon the clouds rolled in, and brought a much needed shower of rain. I would have jumped for joy if I could have, so I mentally whispered hooray. I had hobbled up and down the hall a few times by then. Each time I mentally patted myself on the back. I wasn’t exactly the swiftest but at least I was mobile. Last night I chatted a bit with Cyn who was trying her best to catch the flu..... Poor girl. I started not to feel so sorry for myself, after all it could be worse... I could have the bum foot AND have diarrhea.... now that would make me hobble faster.

So much to do. It’s bugging me. I don’t make a very good patient. I get cranky easily. I know my foot/ankle will mend soon enough on it’s own....with the price of health care and the huge deductible that I haven’t met yet,..it better.

Such a stupid mistake, not paying attention where I was walking. I will most likely pay for it the rest of the week. I can already feel me turning from a peeved Alice into a Mad hatter.... Mumbling and grumgling.... In such a huge yard, I had to find the one and only hole, empty except for my foot in it...... No rabbits,...no odd characters....not even a tea party.... Just a little pity party for me.... another cookie anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment