Thursday, November 30, 2006

Entry for November 30, 2006 - Seeing Double





As usual I am behind in blogging. I was going to post this blog yesterday after our day of fun from the Celebrity look-alike page. Time got away from me and well, I am still in denial about the celebrities chosen as my look-alikes.



I have sat here for awhile, trying to see the correlation between me and the people listed on my last blog. I try and squint harder to see just what it is that the computer program saw to lump me with these certain celebrities. Frowning, I am guessing that maybe, just maybe Art Garfunkel and I have the same hair dresser. Maybe there is a hint of my chin in one of the other celebrity pics....but the Dalai Lama still has me floored. Perhaps I elude a sense of lightness and peace? ....nah...I don't buy that either. Oh well, I do take some comfort in knowing that it was my "fun" avatar pic that I uploaded. I did try the website again with two other "real" pics of me. My top match was with some celebrity I have never heard of, and it was only at 61 percent. There was also a couple of guys, two asians, at a match of around 50 percent and at the very end trailing at 48 percent was.....Shirley Temple.



Shirley Temple? Well that blew any visons of me being a femme fatale, even in my own eyes. I mumbled and grumbled, it wasn't fair! I didn't get any Christie Brinkleys, Raquel Welchs, Jennifer Anistons, or Ashely Judd matches. Even when I was being serious, the joke was on me.....(sigh).



I got to thinking who would I want to be my match? Elizabeth Taylor?...(in her younger years of course)...Sophia Loren?....Catherine Zeta-Jones? Any of them would have been preferrable. I guess I can count myself lucky. It could have been worse. My matches could have been Phyllis Diller, Sigmund Freud, or Winston Churchill. My celebrity matches were never high in the percentage points, so I guess maybe I really don't resemble any particular celebrity....just parts of them... a nose...a chin...a smile...hair...



I have  a friend who has a daughter who looks exactly like Rachel Ray. She  hears that a lot, and I am sure she must grow tired of the comparisons. One of my cousins looks the spitting image of Jennifer Love-Hewitt. It's not fair, to be pretty AND look like a celebrity....(another sigh).



I have a twin brother but we are not identical, we don't even look that much alike. They say however, that somewhere in this world each of us has a twin, someone who looks just like us. I find that both fascinating and a bit creepy. I wonder if their life parallels mine or if they are completely opposite and just look like me.



A couple of years ago, I stopped in at the grocery store after work late at night. It was close to midnight and the store was almost empty. I was walking down the aisle and saw two guys at the end of it. They both had long hair and looked like bikers who had stopped for late night munchies. One of the guys was short, or at least short for a guy. He couldn't have been any taller than me and I am 5'6''. As I opened up the freezer case, I felt him give me a playful punch in the arm...he then grabbed a bottle of ketchup out of my cart and exclaimed..."what are you buying this for?". Before I could mumble, "because I have a coupon",...I saw the dawning in his eyes that I was a case of mistaken identity. He dropped the ketchup and profusely apologized and mentioned he thought I was someone else. I smiled and replied, "no problem". As I went through out the store shopping, I occassionally passed him  in another aisle. He would then apologize over again. I don't think he finished his shopping. He and his friend bolted quickly. As they exited out the door, I heard him say,... "wow she looks just like so and so".



It has happened to me more than once. At a local pizza place, out shopping, even at McDonalds. Someone has walked up to me, started talking and then realized I was not who they thought I was. Hmmm, could it be possible that my "other" twin was out there, and lived just a few miles from me?



Spooky....



I have never come across her though. I wonder if anyone I know has walked up to her and mistook her for me? I don't know what I would do if I came face to face with her. When I think about there being someone out there in this big world of ours that looks exactly like me, the first thing that comes to my mind is....you poor thing... I would then have to break it to her gently about Simon Garfunkel, Andy Warhol,  and the Dalai Lama.



I guess even if I were to look like a big famous celebrity, I would still be me. We would just share common physical characteristics and most likely the comparisons would stop there. I don't have the fame, the fortune, or the glamour of their life. I am just Vic...from Nebraska...with the big hair.



It's enough for me...





...anybody want my autograph?...(wink)


No comments:

Post a Comment