Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Entry for November 22, 2006 - "Blog Stuffing"...

blog_stuffing".





Twas the Night of Thanksgiving



Twas the night of Thanksgiving,

but I just couldn't sleep

I tried counting backwards,

I tried counting sheep.



The leftovers beckoned--

the dark meat and white,

but I fought the temptation

with all of my might.



Tossing and turning

with anticipation,

the thought of a snack

became infatuation.



So, I raced to the kitchen,

flung open the door

and gazed at the fridge,

full of goodies galore.



I gobbled up turkey

and buttered potatoes,

pickles and carrots,

beans and tomatoes.



I felt myself swelling

so plump and so round,

till all of a sudden

I rose off the ground.



I crashed thru the ceiling,

floating into the sky

With a mouthful of pudding

and a handful of pie.



But, I managed to yell

as I soared past the trees...

happy eating to all--

pass the cranberries,please.







blog_Turkey trial".





The Turkey Shot Out of the Oven

by Jack Prelutsky



The turkey shot out of the oven

and rocketed into the air,

it knocked every plate off the table

and partly demolished a chair.



It richocheted into a corner

and burst with a deafening boom,

and splattered all over the kitchen,

completely obscuring the room.



It stuck to the walls and the windows,

it totally coated the floor,

there was turkey attached to the ceiling

where there'd never been turkey before.



It blanketed every appliance,

It smeared every saucer and bowl,

there wasn't a way I could stop it,

the turkey was out of control.



I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure,

and thought with chargin as I mopped,

that I would never again stuff a turkey

with popcorn that hadn't been popped.







blog_turkey-galaxy".





Blessings that Remain

by Annie Johnson Flint



There are loved ones who are missing

From the fireside and the feast;

There are faces that have vanished,

There are voices that have ceased.



But we know they passed forever

From our mortal grief and pain,

And we thank thee O' our Father,

For the blessings that remain.



Thanksgiving, Oh, Thanksgiving,

That their love, once blessed us here,

That so long they walked beside us,

Sharing every smile and tear.



For the joy the past has brought us,

But can never take away,

For the sweet and gracious memories

Growing dearer every day.



For the faith that keeps us patient

Looking at the things unseen,

Knowing Spring shall follow Winter

And the earth again be green.



For the hope of that glad meeting

Far from mortal grief and pain--

We thank thee O our Father,

For the blessings that remain







blog_Turkey_accident".





HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment