Thursday, September 28, 2006

Entry for September 28, 2006 - Double Trouble

Double Trouble





When you were born, you were named after two of your grandpas...

When I was born, a baby monkey was born at a local zoo, and it was given the same name as mine.





You had lots of hair when you were a baby...

I didn't have any hair till I was almost two.





When you were three, I stole your cookies...

Given the chance, I would do it today.





Your eyes are hazel green...

My eyes are dark brown.





You would talk to complete strangers...

I was too quiet and shy.





You had a little yellow pet parakeet...

My cat ate your bird.





You liked math...

I liked art.





You excelled in speech and science class...

I sat in the back of the room and got detention for doodling on my desk.





Your first car was a Toyota Corolla...

My first vehicle was a Ford pick-up truck.





You graduated from high school and joined the Army...

I graduated from high school and went to college.





You traveled the world and fought in a war...

I stayed in Nebraska and sent you letters and packages.





You were always broke and borrowing money...

I was a pushover and always lent you the money.





You smoke...

I don't.





You have a tattoo...

I don't.





Your best friend is my one of neighbors...

I count him as my friend too.





In your spare time you work with wood...

In my spare time I work with paint and ink.





You try to fix all kinds of stuff for me...

My stuff never works any more after you fix it.





You like sweet pickles...

I like dill.





You drink pots of coffee all day...

I can't stand the stuff.





You married twice, had a daughter, and just this year you are a grandfather...

I never married, or had any kids, and I refuse to admit I could ever be that old.





So very different...

Yet so connected.





My twin...

And  me.





Happy Birthday Bro...






No comments:

Post a Comment