Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Entry for October 10, 2006 - Blogging in My Sleep...

Blogging in my sleep...



Yesterday I had a dilemma. I was close to panicking. It was the middle of an ordinary Monday....and I couldn't log on...



I know, it's such a small thing, but it seems like such a big thing when you have your heart set on  enjoying a grey, rainy day curled up with your monitor and keyboard. It ruined the mood, and put me in another mood....I was ticked.



I tried, and I tried, but Yahoo wouldn't load. It wouldn't load it's front page, my e-mail, or 360. Not both my poor mind cried, ..not both 360 AND my e-mail. How could I function  today without one or the other? After much bemoaning and several choice words for Yahoo, I gave up. I could fight no more, and I had to join the real world...a world without blogs, e-mails, fwds, instant messages and replies.



I survived....barely...but I survived...



One would have thought the world was coming to an end, and not many would have understood  what I am  talking about....but I know you do. I know you would in my little box on top of my desk would undertand, console, and even gasp at the notion of a blog-less and e-mail free world.



It was after 11 at night when I tried again...I was pessimistic. I was sure I must have a virus or a trojan or my ancient relic of a computer was just bogged down with just too much of everything after almost 10 years. I considered dumping. I considered dumping files, and folders, pics , and old programs to clear up space... enough space and memory to fix my problem...but I held off.



At the darkest hour, I logged on,... my computer had finally logged me into Yahoo. I was almost giddy. I clicked and went to page after page. I clicked my e-mail. It was there, all 216 of e-mails waiting patiently for me. I skimmed and read, and skimmed and read, and saved the ones that needed replies. I rushed over to 360.



You left comments. You had blogged in my absence. I was jealous...but how could you know, so I forgave you. I hopped from blog page to blog page reading your updates. I replied on some blogs, I left comments on some, and my eyes grew heavy. Nooooo, I whined, I have more blogs to read,... but deep down I knew I would have to go soon. I trudged on, halfway thru my friend's list. I was reading or it seemed I was reading, words were becoming jumbled. I would write replies only to erase them before posting because of all the typs I spied or because even in my befuddled mind the responses made little sense.



I knew I was close to breaking when I was reading from one of my favorite bloggers about his trip, about eating pasties, and about cats. My sleep deprived mind was in fits of giggles. I wanted to post a reply that they were "the cat's meow", and ask if their pasties had tassles, but I thought better, I get punchy when I am tired. I didn't know if they would log into their page and read my reply and think.... "Huh"? Sometimes I think my humor might be a bit too warped for most. So I left without commenting. I promised myself I would be back tomorrow to post a comment, and then I wondered if I comment to much? I blogged on ....



I visited a blog page and smiled at their latest blog posting. They had made a graphic on "Alerts". I was going to post a reply and when I scrolled down ,..I saw it. They had blogged more than once today. Argh!...I can't post a reply to the latest blog when I haven't read all the others. It's like skipping ahead in a book to read the ending. I feel so guilty, like I have missed something. I mumbled under my breath I would have to come back, and so help me if they have blogged half a dozen more times before I get to their blog page again tomorrow, I might have to rap their knuckles with a frozen twinkie.



My eyes were finding it hard to focus. It was almost 12:30 in the morning. I was waiting on a page to load with some autumnal pics. I squinted hard, was that a goose? No wait, I think someone had commented on a heron....I was going down fast.



An instant message popped up on my screen ..."goodnight Vickie"....it was from my favorite Kiwi. It was either the 2nd or 3rd time he had sent me a message near or after midnight this week. I was beginning to think he was psychic knowing that I was still on-line... Till he commented for me to wipe the chocolate from my mouth, and I realized I had been busted, I had just been at his blog a moment ago and left a comment on snitching chocolates.



He was right, it was time for bed,..but it was so hard to let you all go. What if tomorrow brought the same headaches? What if I couldn't log onto Yahoo? What if I had to go another whole day without e-mail or blogging? My eyes were barely focusing. My mind was numb. I had to let go, but not without some worries.



Today I can hear the traffice go by,... hear the squirrels chattering outside my window  in the softest drizzle of rain. There is a cup by the monitor on top of a book, and I am wearing my fuzzy slipper socks. I made it on-line today... and Yahoo was there. I found my e-mail, and logged into 360.....and for this very moment..... all is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment