Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden Notes: May 19, 2010

 

I've been tickled green seeing all of the blogs and notes on what people have been growing and planting in their gardens. Seeing the pics has me itching to cruise the garden centers and nursery aisles for more plants to create more splashes of color in my own yard.

It's been difficult getting much planted though lately. Every other day it seems to be raining and while the flowers look fantastic this year, keeping up with the weeding has been a huge struggle. I imagine it is the same with all of you though.

I haven't got much new to report on my garden notes for this week. The iris are at their peak of bloom at the moment and I know I need to get out there and snap a few pics. I will however upload a few pics of the very last bit of blooms from this past week of the tree peonies, as well as adding a few pics of the very first of the iris to bloom. Iris are an addiction of mine, and in one of the pics is two of the four beds of irs that I have. I still  have bit to add to those beds, and hope to expand them this fall.

Keep your blogs and notes and pics coming of your gardens and plantings, and let us know what is growing in your own back yard.

Happy Gardening!....(and weeding!)

 

* the above pic is of a spirea if you haven't already guessed *

17 comments:

  1. I have small tomatoes and thousands of tiny oranges. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishes I could grow oranges up here.....send me up some freshly squeezed orange juice will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I think they make a good cover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they're very tiny and green yet, it will be December before they're ripe. It's actually become sort of a family tradition that around New Years the grandkids come and pick the last of the oranges (they REALLY like oranges).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonders if all the lil things I've grown in the greenhouse would qualify for a spot on this here blog? Not that I can right now coz I'm busy selling germs...err, I mean geraniums...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and by the way...I'm organizing a germ, I mean geranium boycott...except for those Midnight Glow ones, those are kinda pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love garden updates. I call them 'reasons for living'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments. White lilac smells just as powerful as the coloured variety.

    ReplyDelete
  9. boycott germs ?? Sign me up and gimmee the biggest sign!.
    ..oh.... germs ='s geraniums ? but... but... oh okay... I guess I can
    go along with that ? ( mumbles to self... and walks off talking to germs) shhhh ! be quiet !! or you will be noticed and promptly eliminated.. or smoked

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was here before, shed some tears and quietly left. This year as last year I’ve lost 90% of what I had planted. Last year to flooding and this year to a surprise snow and then hail storm. So this year I’ll just enjoy all the pretty pictures you’ll post and then come to your up-date blogs and cry in my hanky.
    Seriously though I’m happy for all of you having such a success with your flowers, looking after them, nurturing them, talking sweet nothings to them. Can I have a hanky now so I can blow my nose? HONK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, don't cry wabbit...think planters! Just having a small burst of color is good for the soul, not to mention easy to maintain. Don't give up yet, the summer is just arriving....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still trying to find out what kind of Clematis that one is. Others are blooming and I am gonna get pictures of them. My friend just gave me some 'bulbs' or a big root....but she doesn't know the name. Her niece said they came from Alaska...they grow tall in my friends yard and she said they look like little sunflowers. I have not seen them in bloom. I might not get blooms this first year. Well, I will take some pictures soon. And the only thing about my flower gardens is, Leroy brings home stuff and he either doesn't choose ones that have tags or he forgets to keep a tag and I am lost as to what some plants are called....LOL. Anyway, I will be back here more at the blogs now.....*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stopped by, but realized it is not noon yet. Leaves.

    ReplyDelete