Monday, November 3, 2008

Green Baloney Sandwiches and Mister M....

 

 I had planned on writing a blog tomorrow about getting out to vote even when the choices given weren't exactly what we would wish for. The cost of the candidates out campaigning and the huge amount of money in advertising, phone calls, and infomercials spent to get us to tick that little box on our ballot sheets... To think it all comes down to a small check mark, amazes and scares me at the same time.

But my blog isn't going to be about voting. Voting has taken a back seat for me with an e-mail I received this evening in my in-box. A very dear on-line friend of mine had passed away and even though he had been in failing health the past few years, it did come as a surprise. Several of you who frequented garden chat in the past years will remember him as Momuleskinner, but to me he was always Mr. Momule.

Mr. Momule and I use to chat quite frequently in chat and on messenger. Buffy also chatted a lot with him and we had a friendly rivalry for his affections and who was his most favorite chatter. Buffy always claimed that she was number one and I was number 2. Whenever I would tease Mr. Momule about something in particular , he would scold me and say "Miss Vic, (he always called me Miss Vic) you are falling on that favorite scale down to number 13 or even lower".... Only copious amounts of sweet talking would bring me back up the list to hover near the top. Cyber gifts of green baloney sandwiches at lunchtime left on his yahoo messenger would send me crashing back down the list. Even though Buffy and I will never see eye to eye on who his favorite chatter was, I think we both would agree that he was always number one on our list.

It's ironic to think that Mr. Momule was just in my thoughts this past Halloween, and I had planned on e-mailing him to ask if he had raided his grand kids trick or treat bags for all of the good stuff. It had been awhile since I had caught him on messenger to chat. Health problems and back pain kept him from spending as much time on-line as he use to. He never ceased to leave me with a smile, and the pic posted above of him watering his tomato plants, speaks to me the most about him out of all of the pics he has shared with me. It never ceases to amaze me that thru one shared hobby with a complete stranger, can lead to a friendship spanning so many years.

I'll miss so much about you Mr. Momule and the numerous smiles you have left with me. It will be hard not to have you here and see you lit up on messenger. I'll be leaving you one more cyber green baloney sandwich, ..just because...

12 comments:

  1. He was a lucky fellow as we are all lucky to have you Vic. Green Baloney and all. Life may not be forever but good friends sure make it worth while while it last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh MO! I haven't spoke to him in eyons, and so remember him in Garden Chat 2, (when it was actually fun to go in there!) That's sad to hear Vic, and he'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember him from Garden Chat 2 years ago..as Morgan said when it was fun. Bless his heart. He is now at peace and comfortable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear you lost your friend. He sounds like a wonderful man, and he was also lucky to have you in his life. I did not know him but I will toast to him with a tomato sandwich at lunch time. Heres to you Mr Momule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto with Morgan and misty.....we used to write back and forth too, but somehow lost touch. I know he is not in pain any more I remember how much he suffered...Prayers for his family and BOTH of his #1's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im sorry about your loss Vic. I find it intersting too, that the friends we have met on here-become part of our daily lives. We may not always talk everyday- but yet you always expect to find them scattered around on 360, mulitply, even in Garden 2. I hope you smile and find peace in your memories of him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am sorry to hear you lost one of your chat friends. We all know we likely never meet face to face, but with some chatfriends we have this special bond. and it is very sad to loose one of them. But you have great memories ,and that's what keeps us going. i did not know him but will also leave a toasted tomato sandwich for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for the loss of a good friend. I'm happy to know that you and Buff gave him some good laughs while he was here and I'm sure he knew just how lucky he was to have such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you lost a friend. Our friends here are sometimes closer than our friends in person. To us you are no. # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always such a hard thing when we loose our friends...I am terribly sorry for your loss Vic. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to here about momule, he was one of those chatters that made chat fun. He will be missed .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mtn and I will miss Mo too. He visited us here in NC with his wife a few years ago. He really was a character, kind, funny and devoted to his family. I know how much you will miss him Vic {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete