Sunday, November 4, 2007

This and That, and a Whole Lot of Nothing in Particular...

 Here it is already the 4th of  November, time flies when you are in a leftover Halloween candy induced coma. I am happy to report I didn't scare off too many trick or treaters or make any little children cry, but then there is always next year.

I remembered to change the clocks back last night. After last week-end I was in a bit of a dither. My calendar said to change the clocks, even my computer had changed it's clock for the last Sunday in October. So for a week my computer and I have been behind, but today we are all caught up, or at least trying to catch up.

It's been a pain over on Yahoo blogging lately. Eaten comments, pages not loading, it made me wonder if I even wanted to attempt writing a blog on Yahoo today. I will give it a whirl though, and my apologies to those of you who have stopped by to read my blog and find yourself unable to leave a comment. I think I should warn all of you, or at least let all of you know that I am considering tightening up my circle of friends and my blogs. I know some have had concerns over the security of Multiply.com and having your name and addy showing. I am considering making my blog entries only available to those on my friend's list both here and on my other blog site. I have always had my blog open before and welcomed comments. This is not to make those of you who lurk at my page rush to join my friends list. But I have been thinking of the networks we make of friends and contacts on here and if it would be more personal having it closed. Lately I have been getting  a little bit of spam as well in my inbox, it may not cure that problem completely but it's something I am considering.

I have been lax, and lazy, and just plain busy. There are some on my list here I haven't stopped by to check to see if you are still breathing on your blogs. I hope to do better in the future. Hopefully Yahoo will cooperate and I will be able to let you know I was there and to say howdy.

I tried to do a bit of decorating in here today. I googled for turkeys and all kinds of things to go with a Thanksgiving theme but came across the current background tile of M&M's. The more I thought about it the more I thought it was appropriate. After all I am extremely thankful for the yummy lusciousness of chocolate and chocolate candy, and the thought of burying myself in piles of M&M's would be pure bliss...

...If you put your ear a little closer to the monitor you might even hear the faint sounds of..."gobble, gobble"... Stay safe, play nice, and happy trails of M&M's to you too...

17 comments:

  1. I don't have to put my ear closer to hear gobble gobble Vic, you are pretty loud as it is. lol Security is the main reason I don't like the way things are on Multiply. I have my select friend's but was hoping to meet some new one's over here. But being that I don't want just anyone having my addy or reading my blog's I have it set to only my contact's on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...does this turkey make my butt look big?

    Okay..on a serious note...lol....I don't know how to do anything on here...I'm always the last to understand tech talk. I'm still trying to delete everything over on my yahoo...sigh.

    Now...I'll have the red one's...no no...make it blue...green yeah green....wait...the yellow and brown ones look more chocolate for some reason. snicker..I mean M & M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is TOO cool! Hope your Sunday is chocolatey...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah I see where all the m&m's have went, I heard there was a shortage of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a great choice Vic. So full of autumn colour which makes your mind wander to the harvest feasting of turkey, dressing, cranberries, gravy and so on. The best thing of M & M's is they won't melt all over ya when you are jumping thru and rolling around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. to heck with them things full of balls that little children play in. I think that there should be some of them things filled with M&Ms for us big children to play in. As long as they kept filling it I'd never come out,. The only reminder of me on this earth would be my shoes out side the entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Vic,
    I love this time of the year too:
    October is the month in which I admire the best full moon of the year, have a blast in custom bash parties, and participate of the candy coma too. I also like seeing the leaves of the trees fell down and I get to jump on them, stomp on them, and throw them in the air as I enjoy the sound they make.
    November is Thanksgiving month!. I see Thanksgiving as an awesome time to go back to our American heritage and teach the younger generations about a positive aspect of the American culture: appreciation for each other and to team up to survive. Families and friends get together to thank God for his material provisions and for health, family and friends; or just to get together to hang out one more time because it is Thanksgiving.
    In November I get to enjoy pumpkins here, there, and everywhere. From the traditional pumpkin pie, to pumpkin muffins, scones, pumpkin soup, and even in my coffee drink: pumpkin latte...Yeaph, pumpkins here, there, and everywhere…lol
    December is the month I enjoy the most since I was a little girl; and because there is a part of me that is still a little girl at heart, I enjoy December a lot! Decorations, Christmas carols, and millions of people celebrating Christmas all over the world bring a positive mind set, joy, and happiness to many.
    For many fortunate people, Christmas is the once a year opportunity to reach out and help the less fortunate. Fortunate people in the area of finances and also people that commit their time to deliver toys and food to children and families in need are more commonly seen in this time of the year.
    Then at the end of December, it finally comes the beginning of a new year! Ooopppsss, I am speeding up, then I slow down and enjoy the month and day I am today: 11/04/07, Sunday, @ 10:45am PST, in front of my computer, with a big smile on my face, and joy in my heart for what it is still to come….{sighs}… and of course, many gobble, gobble, and more gobbles…
    XOXO’s Vic
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vic:
    Save some of those M&Ms for me, I have a chocolate Jones but only indulge once per month(ok, sometimes twice). If you don't want anyone to know your name and address, just fake them in the settings. simple as that. I'm not all that technically inclined but I am an information junky and I have to tell you that someone, somewhere, can hack into anything on the internet, including the Pentagon. So if you don't want your info public, don't put it on-line. Period. I can't see how Multiply is any less secure than 360, at least here you can almost always know who has been at your site. There is a way around leaving a trail(I read it on someone's site) but I'm not going to put it here 'cause why make lurking(or stalking) easy? I'm actually less public here than I was on 360 in that I'm not using my last name and unless you read my stuff you'll not know which city or province I live in. All that shows is that I live in Canada and being as this country is 8,000 km wide.....
    Anyway, DON'T eat all the M&Ms, you'll get zits and gain pounds. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *cries* Vic, your just trying to soften the blow of throwing me off your page!!! lmao Seriously, you know I'll just claw at the window till you let me in:) *grins wickedly*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah well the only thing I can get out of your M&M background is thanks for giving me the munchies. Now I gotta go raid the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Wukky said, damn NOW I am hungry and I just ate.

    OH btw, I am really here to stalk. If you take note of the detailed view quickly, you will discover I was here, and last I checked I was still on your list, lmao! I love that function, too. Even if a bunch of "other" people don't. It lets me know who my secret admirers are... yeah, that's it. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was going to hand you some of my M&M's but the bag was empty. Thought I bought enough for the week, it was the 20 POUND bag, but alas I must have been sleep walking last night. Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Grabs a handful of M&M's and walks off, munching away*....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm, I think I'll go lurk on Bubbaroni's page lol...so I can be his secret admirer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.. okay I'm doing the heavy breathing thing.. freaky ain't it. LOL I just wanted you to know I'm still alive and lurking. Now I shall leave but I have to get these darn m&ms out from between my toes.. they're not so easy to walk on. grin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no Vic!!! Please don't tell me your still going to eat those M&M's thats been between Cyn's toes!!! *gasps*

    ReplyDelete
  17. trade you some smarties and resses for some m&ms

    ReplyDelete