Friday, May 25, 2007

Entry for May 25, 2007 - Misfortune...



Having almost lived down the snake in my knickers episode, it wasn't till logging on to 360 this morning, I was to learn that my snake may have moved on, but my knickers seem to have come into a life of their own,...compliments of Wukky, Gloggy, and other assorted "characters" the world over. As I snickered and giggled and mumbled under my breath that more than one person may be going down today, I pondered what kind of paybacks to give to my down-under friend and his band of merry blog-men....

So I took myself off to town, and found myself at a local fair and in front of a roaming gypsy- fortune teller, in a travel trailer. Looking vaguely familiar and being somewhat skeptical at first, I asked if she would read my palm and see into the future. For a mere 5 bucks she would tell me all I needed to know, so I stepped inside her dark trailer and she grabbed the money and then grabbed my palm. She "hmmmmm'd" a lot,.... peering closer at my hand before telling me that I would come across a tall, dark, handsome stranger. I got excited and whispered tell me more. She squinted hard, and exclaimed no....no he wasn't quite as tall or as dark or as handsome as she first thought but he was definitely strange. I sighed,... that sounded like most of the men that I came across.

The gypsy fortune teller than gazed into her crystal ball. I leaned in and whispered, "now what do you see?" ..."It's very hazey," she exclaimed as she held out her hand for another 5 bucks... which I forked over. "Ah yes, I can see clearer now, I see.....I see in a far off land... a man, ...no wait...two men..... giggling and snorting and cavorting over big knickers"......

"Yes!...Yes!...that's him, that's Wukky and Gloggy....What else?" I whispered....

She shrugged her shoulders, held out her hand again for another 5 dollars, and mumbled about the high price of gas for travel trailers. I grudgingly handed over the money. She rubbed her hands over the crystal ball and looked at the crystal ball....then at me...then back at the crystal ball...then back at me, and she grinned. ..."I see a dark red fog", she exclaimed...

I frowned...

She then threw up her hands and yelled, ..."wait....wait"... "I see you going into battle, and you must be prepared".....

Nervously I gulped, "how?"....

She held out her hand again, and I gave her my last five bucks. She then went around the travel trailer closing all the curtains, mumbling some gibberish and waving a rubber chicken wildly in the air... and then quietly slid an object across the table to me. She winked and nodded at me, and as I picked up the object......I nodded back... it would do...it was perfect...



Voodoo Doll_Wukky">.


Poor Wukky... I almost start to feel a bit sorry for him,... but then I just smile and drive the point in a little deeper...

Perhaps tomorrow I will go back to find the gypsy fortune teller and ask her about hexes. Just a small one to place on a few other cohorts....a hex on elasticated stockings, and waistbands, and anything else that should have some stretch......but doesn't....





No comments:

Post a Comment