Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Entry for May 09, 2007 - Damsel in Distress...



Help...

I have an intruder.

Stealthly he snuck in when my back was turned, and I wasn't looking.

But I saw him...

Saw him quietly looking around, so calm, so cool, so sinister....

There is a snake in my laundry room.....

I am almost certain if I were to step back in the laundry room, he would slither over, his body wrapping around one of my legs while I was adding the fabric softner during the rinse cycle. He would then wrestle me to the ground while coiling further and further up my body till he squeezed the very life breath from me before striking with his killer venomous bite. The neighbors wouldn't find me till days later, just a mummified corpse with that april fresh smell.

Okay maybe he isn't a king cobra, or a python, but he is bigger than a worm. A really, really big worm. As I sit here typing my blog with a spatula near by for protection and a towel stuffed under the door I am gulping nervously....

Will he spring at me when I turn the handle and crack the door open? Will he strike and bite me as I reach for the clothes basket? Will he go ahead and put in my second load of clothes for me?

(sigh)...

I can't handle drama so early in the day...








No comments:

Post a Comment