Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Entry for May 01, 2007 -May Day Baskets...




I was looking at my last blog entry and realized it had been ages since I posted a new blog entry. Lack of time, lack of imagination, and lack of ambition all seemed to be a driving force lately. Today being the 1st of May, I thought what better thing to do, then to blog on May Day baskets. I think everyone as a kid made a homemade basket to leave on someone's doorstep. Most baskets were fashioned from dixie cups or old plastic butter tubs with pipe cleaner handles. Sometimes they were just made from a piece of construction paper rolled into a cone shape with colored images and a stapled yarn handle. Usually they would be filled with flowers, some candy or homemade cookies and left at the door of a friend or one of the senior citizens in the neighborhood.

I then started counting back the number years ago that had been since I last made a May basket, and got to wondering does anyone even make May baskets any more? Do the kid's of today stare at you blankly when you try to explain to them about the baskets? My blog on May baskets was fading fast... even in my own mind, it suddenly sounded old-fashioned, not very hip....even somewhat boring.

Another day without a blog...

I was bound and determined to blog about something...anything...

So I cruised 360, read more blogs, hoping to get an idea for something. Blogs on fishing, gardening, politics, ...Vero's unplanted onions...so much out there but I was still without a clue. I read thru more blogs and stumbled upon it being "Chicken Tuesday" over at Spotty's blog. He and several of his friends have deemed Tuesday as a day for chickens, or chicken recipes, or related chicken things. I thought about posting a recipe on chicken. Everyone has a recipe for a chicken casserole of some sort,...

But...nope ....chicken wasn't going to do it for me today. Chicken just didn't seem to have that wow factor for me.... The chicken was being shelved for another Tuesday.

I wandered over to Yahoo news.....big mistake. How depressing... Not only could I blog on one of the numerous stories I read thru but I could bore AND depress you at the same time. I have to admit, I also didn't want to think to hard. I didn't want to blog on anything controversial. I didn't want drama. I wanted something.......something.....new.....and exciting....something to make bloggers rush to tell their friends to check out Vic's blog, it was so kewl today.

My mind still drew a blank.

At this point the chicken was looking a bit better. Maybe I could spice it up...my chicken blog. I could talk suggestively on succulant thighs and legs... stuffed breasts... hot and spicey chicken wings...

Nah.... no chicken. My heart wasn't into it.

I almost gave up on thinking of a blog to write today, but I wouldn't let myself give up so easily. So I googled for some images.... I had planned on posting a pic of Homer Simpson smacking his head and saying "Doh"...

...and then I found it. Just what my blog was looking for...something new...exciting...unique! Something I knew all of you would be enthralled with, something totally off the wall. Okay maybe something not that exciting and mind boggling.....but it was something different from my usual ho-hum blogs.

I stumbled across.....Play-doh Fragrance ! Yes, you can now smell like play-doh. At first I thought it was a joke...a farce. For a limited time, in honor of Play-doh's fiftieth anniversary, you could douse yourself in the unmistakable fragrance of play-doh. I searched further, also offered in their fragrance line at The Perpetual Kid website you could buy birthday cake, glue, marshmallow, or dirt scents. I rolled my eyes...good grief, who would want to smell like dirt? I searched more of their site, and came across a frog tape dispenser, bacon flavored mints, a holy toast bread stamp, and a farting monkey....

I have to admit the goofball part of me had a silent chuckle or two and I did bookmark the website. I am not sure why I would ever need any of those things offered but just knowing there was play-doh perfume made me do it.

I don't know if any of you are interested in play-doh. Maybe I should have stuck with the chicken or the May baskets.

Hopefully somewhere out there today, there was a kid or two that colored and glued and stuffed flowers in their little baskets to leave on someone's doorstep. If you heard the doorbell ring and opened the door to find a basket containing bright yellow dandelions, chicken nuggets, and smelling faintly of play-doh,.. that was me...

Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment