Thursday, February 1, 2007

Entry for February 01, 2007 - Tippy Toes




I wrote a blog the other day on pets and for a moment I thought it might have put me in the doghouse. I had been at another blogger's page and it prompted an idea for a blog for my page so I scurried back to my 360 home to write my blog. After posting it and rereading it in the light of day I was worried that I might have offended that blogger. So I sent off a note to her to explain my warped sense of humor and that I in no way was calling her a sex kitten or her blog. She wrote me back that she knew I was warped and was use to it.......but she was miffed that I had NOT called her a sex kitten. You just can't win for blogging....

Many years ago when chat rooms were invented or at least it seemed like it, I was a regular visitor to Yahoo garden chat. Room 1 to be specific, back when it was the ONLY room to be in, till everyone migrated over to room 2, and points further west. There was a guy I chatted with on gardening. His chat alias was of a particular wildflower species and he was a very serious individual. We had serious chats on plants and compost and all things related to gardening. Now anyone that knows me from chat also knows that I am a bit of a cut-up. I can be silly, and outrageous, and I am always up for a good chuckle or two. But my friend of the gardening flower name wasn't. In fact, when I wasn't being serious, I rubbed him the wrong way. He told me so, very bluntly....I got under his skin. I thought to myself....what a stick in the mud. But later on I got to thinking all people are different. Everyone has a different sense of humor. Some people are just serious. They might have the smallest of smiles on their faces, or fail to see the humor in some things like other people do,.... but they are not to be blamed. That is just how they are, everyone is different. Myself included. Not everyone likes to laugh or has the same warped sense of humor that I have. It can be frustrating though, when you aren't on the same wave length or humor meter.

The other day in my e-mail I got a Valentine from a blogging friend. When I first saw it, I had to laugh, I thought it was hysterical. He had placed my pink head on top of a beautiful figure. I thought to myself if only he had put two zigzagging lighting strikes on each side of my hairdo I would look exactly like the bride of Frankenstein. It was a hoot. Who knew that I was the perfect match for Frankenstein? Pucker up baby.....I wrote my blogging friend back immediately that he was a nut. I am sure he thought it was a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I think he knows, or at least I hope he does, that nothing he could do or make in his graphics or blog would offend me. I feel I know him well enough to know his sense of humor and his character. I hope he can say the same of me.

My blog is an expression of me, just as each and everyone of you that has a blog can say the same. Each of us is so very different in our views and the things that matter most to us. At times I think we feel like we have to tiptoe around some people or issues or blogs. We are never going to agree on everything, and that's okay.

Some things I think everyone should know about my blog, if you don't know already:

I have my blog listed as "public". I figure that if I can write a blog or express an opinion in a public forum that everyone else should have the ability to comment on my blog whether they agree with me or not. I won't censor you, I won't delete your comment if it is different from my viewpoint. You can call me a dork, a nut, whatever you wish....

There is an invisible line though that I have in my blog. Certain language, certain words I won't allow. Anything that others might see as offensive or unsuitable I will delete, and I will e-mail and tell you why too.

I like humor, I might have too much of it. It's a fault that comes from trying to see the humor in everything. I don't expect everyone to "get" my humor. It can be off the wall sometimes, and if ever it bugs you or you think I have over stepped in a comment or post on your blog, you are more than welcome to call me on it. I will go back and reread what I wrote and try to see your view point. If I have made a comment in public, I will apologize in public...it's only right.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I don't expect everyone to be as crazy or silly as me. At times I know I might have to reel myself in a bit. I ask that if I ever cross the invisible line you have set yourself in your own blog that you tell me. Sometimes I need reminding.

People are different,... it's the beauty of the blogging world. Sometimes we feel like we have to tiptoe, and sometimes we feel like we can race ahead, giggling and posting, and commenting. But one very important thing is, that if you ever feel slighted, tell me. If I go to far, tell me. That is what friends do,...and that is why you are on my friend's list. Because you are....my friend.




Now if you have any free time after reading and posting on this blog could you go over to Suzi's blog and tell her what a sex kitten she is? ......(wink)......

No comments:

Post a Comment