Saturday, June 19, 2010

Colin's Cast...

 

It was hard to know what to put as a title for this blog entry. I considered "cast of characters", "supporting cast", "cast-atrophic blogger", all sorts of word play for this blog but just ending up calling this entry "Colin's Cast". It is after all a pic of his cast, posted on his own blog one day awhile back showing us the after affects of being caught up in the moment of picture taking.

I want to say first of all, this was not my brilliant idea, but actually the brainchild of fellow friend and blogger Sharon. She sent me a small note asking if I could work some magic in my graphics program and have all of his friends sign his cast. I said okey dokey and it was with a lot of quiet back and forth e-mailing that signatures were sent to me or okay given for me to sign the cast for them. I had plans of posting this blog last week during Sharon's proclamation of it being 'Colin Appreciation Week', but the best laid plans go awry. Mainly it was the fault of Colin/MkChippy himself that hovered around Des/Sleepy Lady so much she finally threw up her hands and said sign it for me Vic. So I did, plus an added little message from her, which she really didn't say, but I couldn't resist adding,lol. I did mention to her that I might include a  bit of a note of well wishes from her and she good naturedly agreed.

(WARNING MKCHIPPY: Be on the look out for an excessively long honey do list when your arm is cast-less)lol

Seriously we all wish you a speedy recovery as we know how hard it must be with one fingered typing and not being able to comment or blog or post as much as you would like due to the inconvenience. If we could all sign your cast in person, we most assuredly would, so this will have to suffice as the next best thing. Get well soon!

21 comments:

  1. Thank you all. You couldn't do it this week it is now Dark Blue plaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully original thing to do ! This is a picture he will treasure I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have had Blue, Pink or Football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Vic you worked magic. And Sir...the thing is if we were all there to sign in person you would have to cook steaks for us. So this way it works out better for you. *wink* Of course, the way you have adapted to one hand photography....I bet you could grill steaks one handed, also. And Des could make us some wonderful dessert. And we would all play with Katie in the garden.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goody, came out great, lot of work I'm sure. Thanks for posting it for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahaha.....Word Play...I luv word play.
    Don't see any reason why you can't type Chippy..you got all ya fingers showing.
    Anyhow it was a super idea and fun to do...Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better Colin!!! Just apply some of that miracle Balm that Viccles makes in her litterbox, erm I mean laboratory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was fun! And it came out great! Nice going Vic, (and to Sharon for thinking of it)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That came out really nice. What a cool idea, and nice that his friends think so much about Chip. Hope that arm is healing just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could have gone... Broadcast (but since he's male that wouldn't work). Or Typecast (but everyone
    used a pen) or Castaway (I'm sure this one would tickle him cause I bet it is miserable) But I vote for Cast of Characters. It's perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vic you always find the right words, the right idea for the right occasion and I do hope Mr Chipaway gets back on his feet soon. Well it would be his arm, but I don’t think he would get around on his arms even if the colour is blue or lavender green. Whuuuud?
    Get well soon MrChipaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is completely fantastic Vic! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes that looks great.... sorry I missed it.... saw something about Colin and did not realise it was anyone I knew. All the best - Jan

    ReplyDelete