Saturday, January 12, 2008

Alligators, and Some Bits of Insignificance

 It's been pointed out to me it's been awhile since I have written a new blog entry. I guess the new year is not fairing much better than the old year in my blogging habits. It's not that I have been lazy...well maybe a little.... but I just haven't had much to blog about. My world has been pretty quiet with only little bits of insignificance to blog about. I just haven't had much to report, or much to report on that was interesting.

It's cold... I think you all know that.

It snowed.... I think you all know that or have the white stuff too.

I am all out of Christmas goodies, but according to Sue and Mike that is a good thing. I still wistfully hope that I will find some chocolate stashed in the cupboard I didn't know I had put there. All is not lost though in that the Girl Scouts found me. Soon thin mints and those coconut thingies will be on my doorstep. You didn't read that though Sue.... they are for the homeless. Okay maybe not for the homeless but for the cookie-less. I will be good, no more than two cookies a day Sue....promise.....finger cross, etc,etc....

Judy has asked about my cat Stink Pot and the little stinker continues in all of her bad habits. No amount of training or attempts at training have had much of an impact. She runs, she claws, she bites when feeling ignored. Who needs kids, I have my own ankle biter. She lives to annoy me most days and most often succeeds. It's subtle, but I know it's on purpose. She will perch on top of the desk or buffet, or anywhere she can.......pat at an object with her paw, pushing it closer and closer to the edge and then watches it fall on the floor. She then sprawls out and hangs her head over the ledge to watch it for any signs of movement or trying to mentally will it back on top so she can push it off again. It's like our playing fetch game, I am doing all the work and she is watching me do it. Yes I will admit it, I think I am being outsmarted, but I always thought it would take more than just a cat.

**UPDATE**Christmas continues....argh. My aunt has called this week to inform me that the extended family Christmas get together has been rescheduled for the third time for....February 2nd. It would be so funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. I am toying with the thought of handing out Valentine's cards on all the packages. I am just quirky enough to do it too.

It's a blog about a whole lot of nothing of importance. Little stuff that makes up our days, that fills our weeks, and adds to our lives. This week I happened to visit my old chat room for a few minutes and learned a chatter of long ago had passed away. Most won't remember her from the early chat days, some will just think of her as being Hands_talking's mom. But I remember her from the beginning of my chat days, when I first stumbled into a chat room. I remember Aunt Molly, or "auntie" as she was known to most of us. She was a welcoming, right-wing, pistol-packing Texan with an outspoken clarity that left little doubt as to where she stood. She was the reincarnation of Annie Oakley. She hunted, grew roses, lived for her family, wrestled alligators, and allowed no cussing in the chat room. Okay maybe the alligator stuff was just a rumor, but I am sure given the opportunity she would have given it her all.

It's been several years since I had caught her on-line to chat. A lot had happened in her life over the years,..the death of her husband "Uncle Andy", sickness, moving to a new home.... but that is how life is, it's always changing things, and changing people,...myself included. 

I am thankful for the footsteps,... those significant imprints that each of you make and leave behind in my life,...even the alligator ones.



We will miss you Aunt Molly.


19 comments:

  1. Awwwwww Viccles, I was just thinking I had not seen hands in the room in ages...I was wondering about Molly, Do you have any idea of who is caring for him??? Although he somoetimes gets on my last nerve, I pray he being taken care of properly.
    And I DID see the "mention" of cookies back there and ya know it's OK, I had a Dr, appt. today, we were early, we went past the flashing CRISPY CREAM FRESH HOT sign, I didn't want any. I think I am back on track !!!!
    I think the Valentine cards on the Christmas packages is a fine idea, LOL something I would do for sure....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Vic to hear about Aunt Molly. She sure was a gem and so much fun. I hope someone is taking care of Hands. It'll be hard for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic, seeing you post is like a phone call from an old friend. The content is not as important than the contact. It is good to have hum drum in your life once in awhile. I am waiting for the day that this once more happens in my life.

    It is even good to hear about Stink Pot, as my cat does the same thing with pushing things off the cliff. I got a fish tank for Christmas and I think she feels she is the Royal Guard of these silent creatures. She has finally consigned herself to the fact that she can not push them off the cliff, and has to make sure she is there to make sure they get the right amount of food. I think she has quit drooling now too, as I no longer see slobber marks on the tank.

    Stay warm my friend, spring is only 3 months away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Hands' Mom. Really sad.

    Sounds like StinkPot's training of you is coming along just fine..lol. Umm those Girl Scout Cookies...ummm...I'm kinda...sorta...obligated to over purchase the little yummies. My oldest Granddaughter needs the sales..lol. I do share them with all my neighbors. (After my hubby breaks my white knuckle grip from the cute boxes...sniff sniff.....lol.)

    Ya know Vic...the way things are going on that "Delayed Christmas Gathering"....it might not be a bad idea to purchase some Easter Cards along with the Valentine ones. winky-grin-giggle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your friend passing on. I didn't know her as I stopped doing chat rooms years ago. But it's hard to lose a friend even if you have never met them.

    Your cat is just like mine. Wonder if they could be cousin's. lol Angel was doing that very thing of pushing things off the counter today.She is picky about who she will chase a ball for too. Bill can toss it and she will run so hard after it but if I toss it she lays there and looks at me like she is thinking I should go fetch it. lol I am use to having my legs attacked when I walk around this dern cat. I have so many scar's and have shed a lot of blood. Angel will run and jump in the bathtub and I will talk to her and she will leap right at me, once she caught me right across the nose and I bleed for an hour. I swear when I go shopping people must think I take a razor to myself but I carry those scars proudly because I love this little demon I named Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear viccles,

    I am sad to hear of Aunt Molly's passing...I was fortunate enough to stay with her and Hands in 2002. She was as warm, funny and generous of heart (and yes, strong) in person as she always seemed to be in chat. A bit of reassurance about Hands...after 'Mr Molly' died, Molly moved herself and Hands into a brand new house that she had built in amongst a mess of their relatives. The house was built with Hands' mobility needs as a priority, there in the family enclave. I am as sure as can be that Molly will have made the best arrangements possible for him. Vale Molly. ((gentle hugs, Vic))

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so reassurring Pos to know Hands will be cared for. I remember her and seeing pics from Kime when they went to meet up with Aunt Molly talking of a new home. But can't remember if the pics was of the new house cuz Uncle was still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crappers I'm having duh moments tonight...I re-read...
    after 'Mr Molly' died, Molly moved herself and Hands into a brand new house that she had built in amongst a mess of their relatives. The house was built with Hands' mobility needs as a priority,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think giving out Valentine cards and chocolate is appropriate for delayed Christmas it's red ain't it? - grins - besides the wittle elfs don't care how the chocolate is wrapped as long as it tastes chocolate when it's unwrapped - come to think of it um so do I. Will there be an extra serving place maybe? I wouldn,t mind coming over to fill it - big smile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the loss, Vic

    I think its within your rights to add valentines to the packages, too.

    Bubs toy alligator Crikey was decommissioned when Bubs de-gutted him of his squeaky whistle. I should have taken pics, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning, Vic. It's kinda fun swimming in chocolate icing.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the foot steps you leave in my life too Vickles....life is always ever changing...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been in a chat room in more years than I care to count. There just got to be so much back-stabbing, fighting and negativity that I couldn't take it anymore.
    However...in my early chat rooms days, it was just plain fun! I met some pretty wonderful people.
    But, there was sadness, also. Sadness when we lost two of our own.
    The first was Pat...he was an older gentleman, and he died of cancer. I don't think Pat ever had an unkind word to say about anyone...and even on his worst days, you could find him in chat, laughing, joking and always keeping people's spirits up. He is missed.
    The second was Rich...young, mid thirties, two small kids, and he just died. Unexpectedly. One day, without warning, he was gone. He was always the life of the party. He, too, is missed.
    Strangers. Friends. Lives woven together with strands of kindness, caring and love...
    Hugs you...

    ReplyDelete


  14. I'm positive that you, Vic, have left a lot of footprints in the hearts of all your friends...and I am one of them;) Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I dont know you all that long Vic, but you always bring a smile to my face! enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  16. The death of a loved one, whether actual or expected soon, is abhorent to all of us. My own parents will soon follow your beloved Aunt Molly. It's inevitable, and as much a part of life as life itself. I don't dread so much their passing as the sense of loss that I know I'll feel at the time. They've had a full and rich life, and I know they're ready to move on. My personal sadness will be at least somewhat offset by the birth of my first grandchild next month, as well as the knowledge that I have found and recognize the love of my life after all these years. Situations seem to have a way of working themselves out, and with a sense of optimism and a positive outlook we all have the ability to make them work positively for us.

    I don't care how mean and ornery ya are, Vic, I still love ya ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure you have created wonderful memories for all of us with your great outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay...I just have to comment on JD's comment...lol. JD...you are such a nice man....I'm in the Cheering-On-Section of that "Love of Your Life Romance". HOORAH HORAH...GO MAN GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not only have you left footrpints with me, but rmember that time you stomped all over me at the park. Good times.....Good times.

    ReplyDelete