Saturday, August 11, 2007

Entry for August 11, 2007 - Flirt, flirt, flirt...

Are you a flirt?

I am sure I have seen a quiz or questionnaire on flirting somewhere. It's funny how out of the blue something you haven't really considered makes you stop and question yourself. In the past couple of days I have chatted with a few different people and the question of flirting was discussed. In fact the premise for this blog was from a conversation I had last night with a fellow blogger on flirting.

We all flirt a bit. It's harmless for the most part and even some of the time I don't think we actually realize we are doing it...that flirting business.

I never really considered myself much of a flirt. I joke and tease and maybe at times even seem a bit bratty, but I never really thought of how teasing and flirting can be considered the same by some and totally different by others. I got to wondering then, if you tease a guy is it flirting?...and in the same thought if you tease someone of the same sex (which for me would be a girl), is that still considered teasing? Does gender make the difference?

In my blast at the top of my blog page is a mention of Martha Stewart. Most won't know it is a subtle teasing reference to a chat and blog friend - Softi. If you are lucky enough to be on her friend's list you have gotten to see some gorgeous flower pics and read some great recipes. I have also heard thru the grapevine....er...e-mail, that she also sews, knits, crochets, and basically can do anything. She almost puts Martha to shame. It's just a little teasing though, but if a guy had mentioned the same abilities or even if he had told of his mechanical aptitude and I teased him about it,...would it still be considered teasing...or would it be flirting?

I use to love to go into chat and flirt. I will admit it. I would pounce on any newbie that entered the room, slide up to them on the cyber bench... bat my eyes, cross my Band-aid covered knees, and leer adoringly at them with a toothless smile. Some thought it was funny, some thought I was nuts, and some people I scared to death and they left quicker than you can press the escape button on your keyboard. I thought it was great fun, the teasing....the flirting... I wasn't interested in looking for a guy for any other reason than to have a giggle or two in chat. No cybering, no webcamming, nothing of that sort, ...just a giggle and to gauge a reaction.

Last night talking to my friend, he called me a flirt, and I started to disagree with him. After all, I figured if I was a big flirt, my avatar would at least be a pic of me with all of my teeth in and a bit of cleavage. Maybe there is something to this... the difference of the sexes seeing it as two different things. My blog friend can be silly though. He will try to get my goat every chance he can get. I then mentioned something about giving him a huge wedgie, at which point he informed he had no underwear on. I giggled, but at the same time a part of my mind went.....ewwwwwww, ...ick.

I then threatened him with my blogging the next day about him being nekkid at his computer desk. He asked if I wanted him to e-mail me a pic of his underwear for my blog. I am sure if I said yes he would have done it. He is nuts,....a bit crazy.... and even if he won't admit it, I think his mentioning about not having underwear on, could be considered as..... flirting. ...."gasp"...

It was all very innocent though. At least I hope everyone considers my teasing...even my flirting as innocent. I'm not looking for any relationship on here other than friendship. I will admit that people can get caught up in a moment, people can go too far, and some people see it all as a game. Flirting can be fun when it's kept in perspective, and when both parties know the true intentions of the other...

I feel I know my blog friend well enough to know he was joking last night while I was chatting with him. I feel I know his character from our chats and his blogs. He has never overstepped the boundaries, or what I consider my personal boundaries of what is acceptable. I will admit the thought of him sitting there nekkid at his computer sent me into fits of giggles.

It does make the mind wander though....all the joking and teasing....and afterwhile you can't help but wonder.... was he serious? I shake my head no... not my friend, surely not. He is not like that....he is just a big tease....

....and a flirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment