Friday, June 7, 2013

Catch Up...and Some Birds

It's been awhile since I have blogged. I have been out of the mood, a bit unsettled with the remodel, and just plain tired.
Don't ask on the remodel, it's going sooo slow. I don't know why stores offer products they don't keep in stock but have to be ordered. It's a constant back and forth trying to find what a person wants, and then the constant surprised one finds when tearing anything apart.

I mentioned I was going to remodel the kitchen. That remodel has grown a bit, and with going with standard cabinets, countertops, etc. I can afford (or think I can)to go ahead and replace the carpet in the living and formal dining room. So basically instead of having one room torn out, I now I have several rooms torn apart.

It of course has now lead me into looking at paint swatches, might as well paint before laying new carpet, maybe some new drapes, etc. etc. and the headache grows. It doesn't help that the carpenter keeps finding other things that need to be fixed. A couple outlets that should be replaced, maybe a window or two, a leaky pipe. One can't decide on whether to fix it all or just move.

It will get there...eventually. I have told the carpenter to just have it all done by Thanksgiving. It would be nice to roast a turkey in the new oven at Thanksgiving. Which led to another discussion on gas or electric ovens. Currently it's gas, but he hates gas. And proceeded to tell me of why, and the story of how a house blew up with one tiny pinhole in the line and he was lucky he and his family hadn't been in the house at the time.

That of course lead to the discussion of the ease of running a new electric line, maybe my electrical box should be replaced, it's so small, and if I am going electric, might as well get rid of the gas watertank and go electric with it as well.
I told him to leave the stove out of the equation for now. It's funny how the stove going bad was the crux for the original remodel. Now it will most likely be the last thing that goes in. Such is life.

On the positive side, it's been nice here. The weather has finally gotten past it's rainy spell, and with over 10 inches of rain in the past couple of weeks, the garden is growing gangbusters. So are the weeds.
Leaving you with a few pics I took of some jennywrens yesterday. Wish the "angry bird" pic had turned out better, but again, (shoulder shrug) such is life.

Have a great day bloggers!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment