Monday, January 5, 2009

Behind

As usual I am far behind, so far behind that I feel like I am still playing catch up for 2008. It's hard to believe it's already a new year when it doesn't really feel like one. I don't think I have ever known what it feels likes to be totally caught up. There are always some small fragments and loose ends left that need attending to, but sometimes you just have to move on or you will forever be living in the past.

First off an apology to those of you who have birthdays that I might have missed in the month of December. I already feel bad for those of you who have to share a birthday with such a big holiday as Christmas. I know that you have probably had a gift or two wrapped up in Christmas wrap and yet it was designated as a birthday gift. I am hoping that you each still got to celebrate your special day. I will be uploading a couple of my "birthday mags" to my photo section for some of the birthdays that I missed, better late than never they say....or maybe not?lol Belated wishes to Judy, Vero, and also to Terrence and Sharon who just had birthdays yesterday. If I missed anyone else of the regular bloggers, please let me know!

A couple of days ago I ran into the lady I had painted the butterfly house for. She was totally surprised and tickled to get the replacement butterfly house for her Christmas gift. I told her (again) this is the last one I am painting, 4 is my limit. I wonder how long it will take before I eat those words again? There is a lot of truth to the saying of never say never. I think it is life's way of teaching us humility. Who are we to make such an absolute decision? Never isn't as final as we expect it to be sometimes. I am including a couple of pics of the butterfly house, the pics aren't the very best and I don't have a pic of all 4 sides, but the pics posted below will give you an idea of what a butterfly house is if you haven't seen one before. The one side that isn't in view has pink/purple coneflowers, blue morning glories, a dragonfly and a couple of bumble bees on it. I think I have more pictures on another roll of film but it will have to wait to be developed. The last roll of film that I finally finished up had pics on it from (cough) almost 6-7 years ago...(oops!) I will try to do better. But at least I have tied up that loose end, albeit if a tad bit late.

                                           (FRONT OF BUTTERFLY HOUSE)

                                   (SIDE AND BACK OF BUTTERFLY HOUSE)

I have finally put the Christmas tree up and all of the holiday decorations, my family was a bit late getting together for our last holiday celebration. It's strange on what a difference a day (or two) makes. In my last blog I had moaned and groaned about the holiday and cookies and relatives, etc. etc. An ice storm blew in early one week and cancelled my holiday party with the cookie exchange. So no more cookies were baked. Two weeks after my twin brother sent out his Christmas cards and presents to everyone else, a card showed up in my mailbox with a gift certificate. Last minute change of heart? A visit from the ghost of Christmas past? Or a sister-in-law that bent his ear a bit who knows? Christmas day ended up being a quiet day, a rather too quiet day as the cord on my keyboard shorted out (or was chewed on by a cat) and I was offline for several days. It always seems to be something...

I haven't made any New Year's resolutions this year. I am not going to promise to be on time or get all caught up or anything else. I'll just work on it, it's all I can promise. Old habits are hard to change for die hard procrastinators. I am not even going to promise to eat less chocolate or diet or any of those other rashly made resolutions we all make after the 1st of the New Year. I'll just work on it. I am not going to promise to be a better person, work more toward the good of common man, give more of myself and other charitable acts. I'll just work on that too.

Will I be a better blogger and blog more? Who knows, it's another thing to work on along with a bunch of other shortcomings, but Rome wasn't built in a day and I can't expect to somehow work miracles just because it's a new year. It's hard to change and make changes yet when each of us look back on our lives we realize we aren't the same person as we use to be, each of us is a work in progress, so I will accept that any and all kind of changes I want to see or hope for or wish for are just that, a work in progress...

I'll work on it.

The best to each of you in 2009 and beyond...

54 comments:

  1. i can't read all dat! can ya write Bigger -- got any short stories - ahhhh pics i love pics those are neat - do butter flies live in lil houses? note: it been a fun year with a viccles in it and a morg and vero and all the multiply crew - fun fun fun for 09 me hopes - yeh it eill! ya gotta make fun it just don't plop outa da sky and smack ya lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a little person you sure write a lot!!!!! Butterfly house is pretty but how do those that land with their wings outstretched get back in? Perhaps they fly in tipped up at 90' Did I miss something but why are you putting decorations up on the 5th January?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiger lilly on the front looks familiar. I have an heirloom one that is at least 75 years old. Nice work Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMBAO I know what you mean about procrastining Vic....best to just roll with the flow:):):) Love the
    butterfly houses...beautiful work...you're so talented:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly houses are awesome, Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ????????? ya ever make a yarshack?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly house is BEAUTIFUL Viccles.ummmmm will you make me one...Grin.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vic that is a stunning butterfly house you painted. You are oooozing with so many talents. Heck don't worry your pretty pink head about trying to catch up. Loads of us are in the same boat. Maybe it is an age thing hahahaha..emmm well the year just went to fast and nobody had a chance to get ahead. Sounds good to me. Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with all the comments about that beautiful butterfly house. I have never seen one before. I would love to hear more about them. You are indeed one of the natural wonders of this world..you have talent coming out of the kazoo. No resolutions here either, my list of "to do" would be to long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen a butterfly house so I like this one. You sure have talent at painting! That's something you should really enjoy doing and I bet if asked you would do it again. lol Now I'll place my order for 3 right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. ONLY you would choose a title like ''behind'' for your blog. And then a flutterfly house. You mean those fluttery things know its their new address? A very cute person would think of a home for those winged worms.I made only one resolution..its in pixels somewhere on this computer. I am a procastinator too..big time. I keep looking at my ''things to do'' list for hours and promptly tear it up and make a new one. And I'm not even old..I danced with strange men on new years eve..sshhh. I love your blogs, so for our sakes don't delay in making more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Come on come on blog more :0) You are very gifted young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Wonders where Vic's kazoo is*...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feed her beans and you may find out!! Lmao (sorry viccles...Suzi left it wide open )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I was going with the title of the blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like a reprimand from the 'bearded lady'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't play the kazoo....I am not musically inclined enough,lol....

    ReplyDelete
  18. DO NOT mock my designer beard SUZI !

    ReplyDelete
  19. spoonsssssss u play a spoonsremeber i'll even throw in a pan

    ReplyDelete
  20. better jump on that on vic! What you gona name the band yar?

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey Vic i love the butterfly houses and i like the work in progress theme,i think i will adopt that one myself,lol,yes you are very talented,and please show us more of the butterfly or as Zee calls them the flutterfly houses ,haha love it see yall deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. A few know this..and I KNOW its so weird but I have a phobia for anything with wings..including butterflies. Moths scare me more than suicide bombers. I love to see birds from a distance only. I cant bear anything that crawls or flutters. ( Vero is giggling I know)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So is Sue.....( Vero is giggling I know)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty ! How much rent do you charge them butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
  25. lol ole times think i'l let viccles name da band she's gonna be the star of da show-and i'm sure she'll pick out some nice bandbags to wear - real flashy

    ReplyDelete
  26. does that mean you dont have wings on your back Zee ?haha ,you better find a way to get over that phobia cause i think you might be wearing a pair some day lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nahh..I plan to live for 400 years at least on this very earth and make everyone miserable Debby..by then I hope wings are outdated lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Is Debby implying that Zeebz might be a bat one day?????

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL maybe just batty .......LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am reading this you know..grrr..

    ReplyDelete
  31. (points at Suzi and Sue)...I've been good!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry missed this blog. Our phones were out for days. Love those houses.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sure blame me when I'm not around....well I am round...hey round is a shape...so I guess I really am in shape :D.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Suzi CAN GROW a carrot????? ( starts humming "feed the world")

    ReplyDelete
  35. Suzi CAN GROW a carrot????? ( starts humming "feed the world")

    ReplyDelete
  36. NEVER haha i like wings myself,and i hope we all make more than 400 yrs..................eternity,lol see ya ps sorry its taking me so long to get back,time is so elusive

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh Suzi u bad girl u haha,i would never call Zee a bat or batty ,what u smokin girl lol,oh yeah carrots lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. ROFLMAO word is getting around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Butterfly house is real pretty Vic, I'm sure it was a wonderful surprise for the lady, you did a good job. If I make a butterfly house, will you paint it for me? {{{mopsy hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  40. I looove that Butterfly house, did you mention that 5 would be your limit? Blinks and cocks head - hint hint. My butterflies here would love to have a pretty house like that.

    ReplyDelete